• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

PSYGN

For those who watched it, what did you think?

I give it 7.5 - 8 out of 10. I am no film critic and had no expectations for this movie, but I thought it was good. I see a lot of negative user reviews, but many seem to be hating on not sticking 100% to the book (to flesh out characters) or against Rachel Zeigler (I think that's her name). Could do with less singing and maybe more character development.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Nice one Jeremy 😂
BoyN82j.png

Last edited:

Alcibiades

Saw it last night in dual laser IMAX. Thought it was great. Sorta knew where the story was going based on the main character but the movie still found a way to make that journey exciting.

The acting, story, visuals, etc... everything was extremely competent. The most distressing thing was slowly building up empathy for the main character who you know is going to end up the villain.

I knew as the romance was progressing it wasn't meant to last and that the good guys in the District 12 couldn't possibly come out ahead, not a good feeling watching things fall apart but knowing it had to. I don't hold it against the movie though as that was the premise and it did a good job of eliciting the emotions it meant to.

I'd say 8/10 or so. I haven't read the book either so maybe I'd be harder on it if I had.

Last edited:

cortadew

Boring shit, watched it until the second part then got distracted but then again, I've never been a fan of this series.

Jenov

So let me get this straight. Rachel Zegler is playing a character named Grey, opposite of another character named Snow.... and then she goes on to play a different character named Snow :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Liked the first two acts, didn't care for the last.

Having a special needs kid in there though... Good way to show they really do not fucking care.

Saw it yesterday and low key think it’s one of the better movies of the year. Underrated for sure, shouldn’t be close to rotten (the audience is right on this one). Been subjected to so much marvel/dc franchise trash that I was automatically dismissing it. I thought the leads did a great job, I was engaged throughout. Snow, was a fascinating character too- antihero and all, we don’t get enough movies with the POV of these characters. Think it’s plot is up there as top 2-3 hunger games movies (certainly better than the mockingjay parts 1/2). I didn’t read the books, but the movie had me interested enough to find out more about the ending.

Solid 8/10

nkarafo

Wait a sec... This is supposed to be decades in the past compared to the first movie and we see Snow as a young man. Yet the TV host is the same guy? Or is it his father or something?

DKehoe

Wait a sec... This is supposed to be decades in the past compared to the first movie and we see Snow as a young man. Yet the TV host is the same guy? Or is it his father or something?
Same guy. This is his first time hosting it because this is them trying to make it more of a spectacle. He had been a weatherman prior to this. I guess he then becomes a fixture of the show for decades to come. I guess his character is meant to be older than Snow, even if he seemed younger in the original series. Plastic surgery or something like that?

Last edited:

nkarafo

Same guy. This is his first time hosting it because this is them trying to make it more of a spectacle. He had been a weatherman prior to this. I guess he then becomes a fixture of the show for decades to come. I guess his character is meant to be older than Snow, even if he seemed younger in the original series. Plastic surgery or something like that?
That would be pretty dumb if that's the case. He is already much older than Snow in the prequel. At least 20 years older. And Snow is what 80+ years old in the trilogy? That means the host must be at least 100... Plastic surgery can make you look younger, not keep you younger.

Alcibiades

I had no idea it was supposed to be the same guy. That makes no sense.

Top Bottom