• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "I suck at dress clothes" thread

0neAnd0nly

whoever mentioned SF - Styleforum is a GREAT resource. Kudos on that!

As you continue to mature and age, dressing you age definitely sends a powerful message. I know you have this outfit sorted, but consider grabbing a few more.

Always keep the bottom button unbuttoned (as pre-mentioned). Buy a good quality suit (doesn't have to be elite, but good), have it tailored by a good tailor (not just an "alterations" person. If it is a versatile shade (blue, for example) you can get plenty of stretch. Whoever suggested black.. meh. Black is really reserved for a couple things; Black tie (super formal, tux, tails), preaching, and/or funerals. Not considered super versatile, unless you do something like charcoal.

Subtle patterns can be fun, but not necessary. My blue Canali suit looks solid navy until you get close and notice the slight ghost windowpane.

Enjoy man! Crush that interview.

Feel free to reach out about style stuff - I have been selling high end mens goods since I got out of the gaming industry (around 11 years now), and one of my major hobbies is classic menswear. Feel free to hit me up anytime if you want! I have the hookup on good, new items, and if you want pre-owned I can point you there too!

Top Bottom