• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new game from the makers of Celeste and TowerFall has been delayed

Draugoth

Gold Member
tumblr_pf87q8MxDw1vym0g5o1_1280.png

In an update on the status of Earthblade, Extremely OK Games said it had been hoping to announce a firm release date by this point, but that progress had been slower than expected.

The studio’s director of R&D, Maddy Thorson, said she’d struggled to keep on top of her workload while facing challenges in her personal life, including her gender transition.

“First we need to face the music: this game ain’t coming out in 2024”, Thorson wrote. “We had hoped to be announcing a firm release date around now, but it just isn’t in the cards.

“We know that this will be disappointing for a lot of you and we’re sorry for that. Maybe this was predictable, but still it always sucks when the haters are right.”

Source

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
That’s alright. Take as long as you need. If it’s anywhere as good as Celeste, I don’t care how long I have to wait.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Hey. If they didn't say, you wouldn't know!

And knowing is helpful

Somehow.
That’s what’s throwing me through a loop. Like, I’m 500% ok with any game being delayed, especially by an indie. Just shows me they care more about their project than trying to cash in as soon as possible.

But what’s throwing me off on this instance is the inclusion of gender transition, after stating challenges in personal life. Like, doesn’t that cover transitioning?

And now I started thinking about the definition of transitioning. So do people now all agree that you aren’t born one way or the other? And now you have to transition/change how you are? I used to think you were born straight/gay/male/female/whatever. So now we are saying that you are born a guy, identify as a women and make that change? Man, I can’t keep up with the narrative.

I’m a super inclusive dude in my personal life. Whatever makes “you” happy is my life motto. I’m pretty sure my oldest daughter is asexual, and doesn’t identify as any gender. And I couldn’t care less. I’m just lost trying to keep up with everyone. We went to Universal Studios a few weeks back and this very clearly gay man or whatever he identifies as, was ringing us up at one of the shops and I thanked him for his help in going into the back room to get one of those fancy little backpacks that the ladies like these days, and my daughter gave me a look and said later that I assumed he was a “sir”. I told her, I was polite, thanked the person and left it at that. If that person had corrected me, I might have apologized and corrected myself. Again, I’m not trying to ruin anyone’s day, “you do you”, and if I have to make a quick apology to someone I will likely never see again in my life, it’s worth doing to get the moment behind me.

I told my daughter that I see what I see. I’m nearly a 40 year old bro that just wants to go home, have a beer and play a game.

Sorry for the rant. And I do mean it that I hope this dev takes “their” time.

Cyberpunkd

my daughter gave me a look and said later that I assumed he was a “sir”

a new Pew Research Center survey finds that 1.6% of U.S. adults are transgender or nonbinary
Some 5.1% of adults younger than 30 are trans or nonbinary
So even assuming you got someone that is younger than 30 you have 95% chance if being right. Talk to your daughter about math and statistics, it's super useful.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member

So even assuming you got someone that is younger than 30 you have 95% chance if being right. Talk to your daughter about math and statistics, it's super useful.
You know what, thank you. The numbers will help her. She’s autistic and trusts numbers more than people.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Madeline was confirmed trans after Celeste release by the developer.

While I could care less, and often would dismiss a game from an insane person, I do play Kojima and Suda51 games which are certified bat shit mental. So… maybe looney tunes people make the best games?

I adore Celeste. It’s in my top 5 games ever made.

I’m there day one for this new game even if it is some agenda affair, but I can’t ignore the quality of the prior work. If it ends up being doo doo then Celeste was a fluke. Time will tell.

Top Bottom