• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the shamelessly boastful geometry wars: galaxies thread of achievements

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
it just occurred to me gaf needs one of those places where select few of us can openly boast their geometry wars egos, while the rest of us can sincerely envy.

what's good enough? - a place high enough in the galaxies leader boards is a good enough reason to post here. together with a few words on how much it costed you, what real-life sacrifices you had to make to get there, and number of sleepless nights spent perfecting your reflexes.

break from the anonymity of the leader boards - let the world know the personality behind the galactic hero! get your hard-work-earned fame! : )

i'll try to keep this OP updated with gaf's own 'leader boards'.

ps: as much as i'd like, i won't be the fist galaxies hero as my best achievement is some 28th place on flieis gamma at the moment of registering, which is not even a gold medal there.

blu

trainer eis:
16th spot with 10,196,350 pts

claeis:
16th with 8,557,800 pts

also:

the recent leaderboards reset seems to be of larger consequences than initially thought. it seems that the fact that your old record is in your local boards is not sufficient for its successful re-insertion into the global leaderboards - the score's timestamp seems to be of importance too. so if you have an old leaderboard high score, you may not be able to re-synch it with the leaderboards. unless that is addressed somehow by the leaderboards support, what it all means to us all is we've been given a clean slate.

my condolences to all owners of bombastic scores lost in the course.

ed:

sureis:
6th place with 4,093,550 pts

ed:

roczeroth:
7th with 21,694,150 pts.

now that was one tough score - as much to upload as it was to make it; the connection to the leaderboards was very crappy at the time, and my persistent attempts to sync brought a 'fatal error' to my wii, and after a restart and multiple attempts later, it connected successfully just to show my _previous best_ scrore. at that moment i was fairly concerned that that score may never see the light of the boards, but it eventually made it through and synced. phew.

Maszerothseems to be my favorite so far, on both platforms. here's my ds screenshot:

100_0972.jpg

in case you cant see it: 5th place, with 14, 785, 575

probably the best i will do, so I'm taking some pride in it!

blu

biggyfries said:
in case you cant see it: 5th place, with 14, 785, 575

probably the best i will do, so I'm taking some pride in it!

impressive! pride justified ™!

as about your best you will do - i'm sure you'll surprise yourself on one of these days.

Top Bottom