• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims' Weird Console Story Modes - The Golden Bolt

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Between 2003 and 2007, six Sims console games were released across PS2, GameCube, Xbox, and Wii - half of which never made their way back to PC. Even better, four of them owe their existence to The Urbz, the first Sims game designed for console...which ended up releasing third. With console-exclusive features such as direct control of your Sim and entire story campaigns, even "ports" like The Sims 2 are completely unique games built from the ground-up for the home console experience. Let's revisit this weird era of Sims console games, their unique story modes, and more!

0:00 Intro/Development History
7:22 The Sims Console
18:36 The Sims: Bustin' Out
22:15 The Urbz: Sims in the City
33:16 The Sims 2 Console
40:07 The Sims 2: Pets
40:55 The Sims 2: Castaway

Drew1440

The console versions were the first to have full 3D graphics instead of the isometric view the PC version had, but they always felt they were lacking in gameplay/features. I guess the story modes were a way to compensate for that. Could never get into The Urbz, I only played the original and The Sims Bustin out, one of the few games that runs in HD on the original Xbox.

I hear the PSP version of The Sims 2 was very unique too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom