• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim and Eric's "Tornado" is the strangest piece of fiction I've ever seen

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I just finished watching this and I'm fucking stunned. If you can watch it, I highly suggest you do. It's 20 mins long. This link should work if you're in the US at least.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/tim-erics-bedtime-stories/tornado/

I've been a T&E fan since the early 00s and the Awesome Show. I dig that absurdist humor and they were killing it back then. I've enjoyed their stuff to varying degrees since then... On Cinema... Check it Out... Etc... but never really got around to Bedtime Stories. A friend at work told me to check out this specific episode and holy shit. I wouldn't even say it was funny. It was equal parts horrifying, strange, and well acted. Featuring Lt Daniels from the Wire and the dad from That 70's Show.

You should really just watch it and not read this but the basic gist is:

A county sewage worker knocks on a door in the burbs. He's looking for the teenage kid who lives in the house. He tells him he's jerking off way too much into the toilet and he gets it because it's summer break, but he needs to stop.

Fast forward a couple years and the kid has graduated college and moved across the country for a job. He's casually flirting with a coworker when he gets a call and finds out a tornado has ripped through his hometown doing massive damage and destroying his childhood home. His parents tell him he needs to come home and speak with a lawyer.

He gets home and meets with the lawyer and his family. His father confesses that after the county worker came to the house, and they realized he didn't stop jerking off... they had a septic tank installed. The lawyer tells him the septic was ripped out of the ground and tossed across town into a hospital.... and the sheer volume of sperm covered the hospital and people in his sperm. The lawyer says people want answers and this has the potential to be a national story if it gets out. The priest who runs the hospital is willing to bury the story on the condition that he gets his testicles removed. His parents want to avoid embarrassment and a lawsuit and push him to do it.

He gets his testicles removed at the hospital. The priest is in the room and sadistically insists on no anesthesia. He gets back home and meets his coworker at a bar after the surgery. She tries to get him to sleep with her and he has to refuse for obvious reasons.

The lawyer calls him and says he's in town and wants to see him. He says he feels bad about how things went, and he pulls out a medical package with his frozen balls. He says he can get them reattached and recommends a doctor, then leaves. He starts dating his coworker and eventually gets her pregnant. She has the baby and they go back to his parents house for Christmas. The priest shows up at the house and grabs the baby. As he was a priest, he couldn't have kids... so he had his testicles removed and gave them to the lawyer to give to the guy. He takes the baby and says it's his. It ends with the guy running into the bathroom to cut the priests balls off himself and sobbing while his wife screams in horror and pounds on the door while church bells ring.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

Typing this up I know I didn't do it any justice.... but holy shit. It's so well acted by everyone involved and such an absurd premise. Very well shot and paced too. It's just a completely stunning piece of television.

Top Bottom