• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 multiplayer trial coming, Nov 30 for EA/Origin Access, Dec 2 for everyone

Mit-

Is your Origin up to date? I had a problem sending invites when it was not (as well as other problems). Otherwise, I think it's pretty straightforward.

Also, I apologize if one of those vets was me :p

It was up to date but I think I was just more used to Battlefield 4 which was a lot more convenient. Friends are shown right in the server browser, inviting them to a game is a snap, they get in when there's room in the server. Titanfall, things kept happening and we kept losing the party after a match, also it's awkward that someone kind of just picks a playlist without any real input from the rest of the "network." I also don't like alt-tabbing to invite people or to accept invites, but maybe there was some Origin overlay I'm unaware of.

ironcreed

Banned
What?

The maps are huge why are you continually going for one guy that's camping with a turret?

If there is a turret camper you can go around and approach from behind etc? Also Turret has a somewhat limited range.

I don't think I have ever had a problem with people camping with turrets (at least not a problem for me) and I have played a lot. Game gives you a lot of options for dealing with them.

I have not been killed by one yet, even when I am getting wrecked. If I spot one, I'll swing around to a building behind it and blow it up. Turrets are probably the easiest thing to deal with next to the grunts. But sure, I guess they can catch you off guard and I am sure I will die to them eventually.

Well..it's better than the beta but I still feel tf1 is a lot better than this, hopefully the population will be still alive when I buy this very cheap.

Man the movement is so fucking sick in this. God I love it. I just do not have the time to invest in a competitive FPS. What a shame.

ironcreed

Banned
I rented TF1 and played for about two evenings and then sent it back and forgot it even existed. But TF2 all came together and clicked after I stuck with it for a few hours. It's the most unique shooter out there by far and plays like a dream. The much needed campaign is fun as well.

Alx

I have not been killed by one yet, even when I am getting wrecked. If I spot one, I'll swing around to a building behind it and blow it up. Turrets are probably the easiest thing to deal with next to the grunts. But sure, I guess they can catch you off guard and I am sure I will die to them eventually.

Yeah I don't really get the hate for turrets. I don't understand how people continuously get killed by them either (and as a turret user myself, I can notice it happening a lot). Most of the time when a turret gets me is because I'm being stubborn and try to shoot it from afar "almost done, I can still destroy it before it shoots me-*dead*". :p
I don't see them as being contradictory with the game mobility, since I usually place them in an appropriate location and the continue running around. And when I notice an opponent camping behind his turret, he's usually a perfect sitting duck to be shot before you destroy it.

deoee

There were 550 players in Bounty Hunt when I was playing earlier. Not a good sign for the PC version. : \

It's growing tho and you have no problems finding games.

Don't worry or make a problem out of this.
People doomed the game one month ago at release and now it has more players online than before, so it's doing fine.

I played it couple times this weekend but honestly all I wanted to do was play OW while playing this.

Oh well.

I feel the opposite.
Playing OW or BF1 makes me want to play Tf2 instead. Every other shooter just feels sluggish, slow and frustrating.

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah I don't really get the hate for turrets. I don't understand how people continuously get killed by them either (and as a turret user myself, I can notice it happening a lot). Most of the time when a turret gets me is because I'm being stubborn and try to shoot it from afar "almost done, I can still destroy it before it shoots me-*dead*". :p
I don't see them as being contradictory with the game mobility, since I usually place them in an appropriate location and the continue running around. And when I notice an opponent camping behind his turret, he's usually a perfect sitting duck to be shot before you destroy it.

I find ticks to be a much bigger threat and love using them myself. They are actually a life saver and are useful when being sneaky as well.

Prothero

Neo Member
I played through the Titanfall 2 free MP weekend and it says that progress carries over to the full version with an upgrade. Is that only for the digital version? Or could I use a retail copy (which would be my preference)?

Much thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. :)

deoee

I played through the Titanfall 2 free MP weekend and it says that progress carries over to the full version with an upgrade. Is that only for the digital version? Or could I use a retail copy (which would be my preference)?

Much thanks in advance to anyone who can help me. :)

It's bound to your Origin account.

Top Bottom