• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanic: Project 401 - Photorealistic Exploration of The Titanic. Downloadable demo included.

Stuart360

40gb demo download -

Demo 401 system requirements​

All systems require a GPU with DirectX12 with Shader Model 6 support. Included Unreal Engine prerequisites must be installed.

The demo only runs on Windows 10 or 11, which must be reasonably up to date.

Minimum requirements*​

Dual core CPU

8GB of RAM

GPU with 4GB of Video Memory**

45GB of free disk space

Recommended requirements​

Quad core CPU

16GB of RAM

GPU with 8GB of Video Memory

45GB of free disk space

SSD Recommended

This is a spin off project of the long in development 'Titanic: Hope and Glory' videogame that when finished will have a full plot on the Titanic, and yourself having to survive the sinking.

If you're into history, or a fanboy of the Titanic itself, this demo is pretty awesome. Graphically faithful and near photorealistc, with 50% of the entire ship explorable.
I have been following Titanic: Hope and Glory for years now, and they have released various demo's over the years, demo's of differing completion. This 50% complete Titanic is the most they have ever released so far. It really is worth downloading and exploring the ship. The detail, especially in the first class areas, honestly blow away a lot of the graphics seen this gen so far. Its really gorgeous.

Anyway i thought some of you would be interested in this so enjoy if you download!.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
If you've ever wanted to explore the Titanic using an Xbox controller, this is a relatively good option.

Can I use this?

NYPICHPDPICT000013082000.jpg

Last edited:
You know, we never actually got a big AAA game on a huge ship, like some mystery stuff, with crime and stuff. Why isnt anyone doing this? A huge ass boat has so much potential for great-level design.

Stuart360

Wait, how is this different than the 401 demo from the Titanic Honor and Glory site?
The last Hope and Glory demo i downloaded, they had removed a lot of the areas in the game, including the dock, and some on deck areas.
I'm guessing they did this side project so they could put every part of the ship they have recreated so far into one demo poeple can play.

You know, we never actually got a big AAA game on a huge ship, like some mystery stuff, with crime and stuff. Why isnt anyone doing this? A huge ass boat has so much potential for great-level design.
I mean we did get one back in the day. Titanic: Adventure Out of Time. But, yea, nothing recently. You do have Titanic: Honor and Glory coming out WID, but that's independently developed.

nkarafo

The last Hope and Glory demo i downloaded, they had removed a lot of the areas in the game, including the dock, and some on deck areas.
I'm guessing they did this side project so they could put every part of the ship they have recreated so far into one demo poeple can play.

Hmm, the og 401 demo is the same size though (40+GB)

Stuart360

Hmm, the og 401 demo is the same size though (40+GB)
Maybe i hadnt downloaded the latest Hope and Glory demo then because the last one i downloaded wasnt 40gb, and i remember it was something like 30% of the ship was explorable, while this one is 50%. There is quite a bit in this demo i hadnt seen before.
Plus the last Hope and Glory demo i tried had awful shader stutter, while this new one has zero, which makes it worth it in my mind!.

nkarafo

Maybe i hadnt downloaded the latest Hope and Glory demo then because the last one i downloaded wasnt 40gb, and i remember it was something like 30% of the ship was explorable, while this one is 50%. There is quite a bit in this demo i hadnt seen before.
Plus the last Hope and Glory demo i tried had awful shader stutter, while this new one has zero, which makes it worth it in my mind!.
Turns out i'm talking about the same 401 demo as the OP. When i downloaded it i did it from the link in the Honor and Glory site, i didn't notice it's a pet project.

?

It was popular before the James Cameron movie so a lot of people cared. Its discovery in the 1980's by Robert Ballard made headlines.
Sure, for people who watch Discovery Channel or History Channel often I'm sure it was interesting. However, the movie brought attention to the ship for the general public who normally wouldn't look twice.

Laieon

Yeah, Honor and Glory has been on my radar for at least a decade now. I'll check once or twice a year to see how it's progressing.

Turns out i'm talking about the same 401 demo as the OP. When i downloaded it i did it from the link in the Honor and Glory site, i didn't notice it's a pet project.

I think 401 is the non-interactive version of all the progress they had done in Unreal 4, but H&G is now being worked on in Unreal 5 and is (eventually) supposed to be interactive and with more gameplay elements.

I think the vast majority of the world didn't care about the Titanic until the movie released.

What one?

Last edited:
Top Bottom