• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today I finally joined the glorious 4K and OLED master race

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
No joke. Play uncharted 4. Amazing hdr.
And no joke, forspoken hdr is also great.
Hgig or dtm. Both are fine
I thought Ratchet and Clank and Demons Souls looked amazing on an OLED and for team Green Forza Horizon 5 and especially Ori and The Will of the Wisps look amazing

HDR done right on OLED is a game changer

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I thought Ratchet and Clank and Demons Souls looked amazing on an OLED and for team Green Forza Horizon 5 and especially Ori and The Will of the Wisps look amazing

HDR done right on OLED is a game changer
Demons has a lot of elevated blacks. Looked washed out for me in few levels

TexMex

Anyone have experience with the “comfort mode” stuff on C1. Honestly I feel so weak, but gaming in the dark feels so bright it’s borderline painful. Any common solutions for wimps like me?

RPS37

Just popping in to repeat what I read someone say on here once.
”OLED is a performance upgrade”...something like that. I totally agree.
I finally feel like I‘m playing next gen shit because of my tv.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Anyone have experience with the “comfort mode” stuff on C1. Honestly I feel so weak, but gaming in the dark feels so bright it’s borderline painful. Any common solutions for wimps like me?

Here is the solution. Best $80 I have spent in a long time. Not only does it solve the blinding brightness issue, it adds another level of immersion to shows and games.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Ok lads , this is driving me insane : my LG C2's screen time report keeps resetting for some reason, is it normal ? is it a bug ?
Also, i don't know if the automatic pixel refresher is doing its work, LG says that after a total of 4 hours SOT the TV does a pixel refresh which lasts from 7-10 after turning off the TV - haven't noticed anything like that, for me it was max 3-4 minutes that i've noticed (i have a LED USB light connected to the TV which turns off immediately as i turn off the TV).

Any input ? Thanks

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Boys, I don't know if it's just me but...I think my LG C2 got dimmer after the latest 2 firmware updates ?
I'm pretty sure that the screen was brighter a couple of months back and it's driving me crazy.

I know that OLEDs aren't the brightest screens out there and maybe I just got accustomed to it but, again, I get the impression that the screen isn't as bright as it used to.

Searched over the internet /reddit but couldn't find anything about it.
Checked all the settings on both the C2 and PS5 and everything is normal and yes, auto-brightness is turned off.

Is my mind playing tricks or has anyone else noticed the same thing ?

Cheers

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Boys, I don't know if it's just me but...I think my LG C2 got dimmer after the latest 2 firmware updates ?
I'm pretty sure that the screen was brighter a couple of months back and it's driving me crazy.

I know that OLEDs aren't the brightest screens out there and maybe I just got accustomed to it but, again, I get the impression that the screen isn't as bright as it used to.

Checked all the settings on both the C2 and PS5 and everything is normal and yes, auto-brightness is turned off.

Cheers

the-honeymoon-phase-is-over-bean.gif

:messenger_winking_tongue:

GHG

Cheers

I don't have a solution but the biggest tip I can give you with TV updates is to turn auto-updates off, and if you're happy with everything do not update.

A lot of the time the update will downgrade or mess something up. Only update if there's a specific problem you're having that they've fixed or if you are certain the update will result in an upgrade in some way.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

You think ? 😁
Well, I really hope it's just that !
I don't have a solution but the biggest tip I can give you with TV updates is to turn a to-updates off, and if you're happy with everything do not update.

A lot of the time the update will downgrade or mess something up. Only update if there's a specific problem you're having that they've fixed or if you are certain the update will result in an upgrade in some way.

Hey G, thanks friend 😉

I do have the auto-update option turned off.
Maybe I just got used to the screen and the honey moon phase is over like Ulysses 31 Ulysses 31 is suggesting but what I'm asking is, could a FW update mess with the TVs general brightness ?

Again, I remember finding the TV's brightness in HDR blinding when I first got the TV back in late December, now though ? I actually find it kinda dim...
Don't know man, maybe it's also the Govee RGB bars that I have set-up behind the TV to act as bias lightning that make me perceive the screen's brightness as being dimmer ?

It's driving me crayyyzee, this week I've been double-checking all my settings everytime I start gaming on my PS5 'cause I get the impression that something's off...

Thanks for the input !

[Sigma]

Shiiid im still on update 3.21.30 on my C2 which was from way back in November. Unless they have an update that enables 120hz BFI or improves 60hz BFI, fuck all updates from LG for this TV. Hell, im still kinda looking to get rid of this TV.

Last edited:

GHG

Don't know man, maybe it's also the Govee RGB bars that I have set-up behind the TV to act as bias lightning that make me perceive the screen's brightness as being dimmer ?

It's most likely this.

One of the primary uses of bias lighting is to reduce eye strain. The impact it has for your eyes in that it reduces the impact of sudden changes in brightness so you will perceive things to not be as bright as they were before you introduced the bias lighting even if it's the same.

StereoVsn

You think ? 😁

Hey G, thanks friend 😉

Maybe I just got used to the screen and the honey moon phase is over like Ulysses 31 Ulysses 31 is suggesting but what I'm asking is, could a FW update mess with the TVs general brightness ?

Again, I remember finding the TV's brightness in HDR blinding when I first got the TV back in late December, now though ? I actually find it kinda dim...

It's driving me crayyyzee, this week I've been double-checking all my settings everytime I start gaming on my PS5 'cause I get the impression that something's off...

Thanks for the input !
Try to lower brightness, apply, and then boost it back. Maybe there is a bug of some sort? Mess around with backlight too.

Last edited:

FrankWza

You think ? 😁

Hey G, thanks friend 😉

Thanks for the input !
There are ways to fix certain issues with brightness using a service remote. I know there's one for screen flickering but not sure if it covers your issue. You have to be careful though. I'd Google it and try a dedicated site.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I watched this guy's video and in the comments section there are a couple of users mentioning the same thing with the C2 (lower brightness).
Now, we're either all crazy and are imagining things or something happened indeed due to the latest couple of updates.

Gamingtech video says that nothing changed - at least for the G2

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I'm also looking to buy an OLED. I have an LG nanocell now and I hate it, and in general not a fan of LGs color spectrum, always looks fake. Any recos?

Top Bottom