• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron to unite in Mad Max sequel

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Last edited:

0neAnd0nly

I suppose that likely axes any Bond rumors for Hardy, then? Timelines can’t be far apart, regardless of EONs insistence that they “haven’t begun looking”.

ManaByte

https://www.express.co.uk/entertain...-Road-2-Charlize-Theron-Furiosa-George-Miller
been hearing rumors that after the Furiosa prequel Miller will start production on the sequel to Fury Road... "The Wasteland"

was expecting Tom Hardy back but surprised to see Charlize return, expected to see Max get involved in a new story, also because of their on set issues etc.
Giant Freakin Robot’s trusted and proven sources report
Star Trek Hoax GIF

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I like the idea of another Hardy Mad Max, perhaps one that puts him a much different kind of situation. But after the one movie with Furiosa and a prequel story for her, I just don't want another Mad Max film with that supporting character attached. I like how in the past Mad Max basically has to move on after each film with new characters surrounding him as he fights his failures in his head. I mean, that's what the series has always been about. No need to buddy cop this shit.

SJRB

Gold Member
This is never happening. Look how long it takes Miller to get that prequel going. Is that even in pre-production at this point? Fury Road is 7 years old by now and George Miller is 77 years old.

Didn't he say he'd never work with her again?

They were in the desert for months, cut off from civilization in pretty harsh circumstances. Tensions run high.

Pretty sure they never had "beef" for real.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm being an asshole but gotta point it out: George Miller is 77 fucking years old. The fact we're potentially getting another 2 movies from him is truly a gift but I'm just saying, there's a clock on this.

Chappelles Show GIF

Time gets all of us. None of us escape.

INC

I suppose that likely axes any Bond rumors for Hardy, then? Timelines can’t be far apart, regardless of EONs insistence that they “haven’t begun looking”.

Good, no one wants to see bond with a silly walk and odd accent, that Tom always seems to do....

Disclaimer, Tom Hardy is a boss still

ManaByte

Dang, I didn't know any of that. Article mentioned he does method acting and they are notorious for being difficult to work with.
Giant Freakin Robot doesn’t research their bullshit when making up stories. Like when they said Chadwick Boseman was fighting with Marvel for more money and refusing to come back for Black Panther II when he was literally drying of cancer.

Peggies

Gold Member
Dang, I didn't know any of that. Article mentioned he does method acting and they are notorious for being difficult to work with.
Daniel Day Lewis is supposed to be the same. Love him too.
My guess, Tom Hardy was just taking the piss out of Ms Theron.

Kilau

Daniel Day Lewis is supposed to be the same. Love him too.
My guess, Tom Hardy was just taking the piss out of Ms Theron.
Yep and Daniel Day-Lewis is one of the greatest ever. I still like Tom Hardy, suppose it just takes the proper understanding and personality to deal with that. I know James Franco really pissed off Tyrese Gibson when filming Annapolis when he went too far.

Giant Freakin Robot doesn’t research their bullshit when making up stories. Like when they said Chadwick Boseman was fighting with Marvel for more money and refusing to come back for Black Panther II when he was literally drying of cancer.
Yep I know the OP story is likely just BS.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hearing this sounds like the Hollywood version of this:

Am I really going to have to live off A24?

I didn't watch Fury Road for her, at all. I watched it for Tom's take on the character.
I wasn't overly disappointed. But this news.. leaves me so. No standalone sequel... some spinoff with Max involved... Furiosa is a great character, but I don't want to see more of her, I want to see the reason why she exists in the first place; More Mad Max.

winjer

Gold Member
Didn't he say he'd never work with her again?

During the filming of Fury Road, they had a falling out. In part because the conditions for filming were very rough. In part because they were a bit lost on what their characters were supposed to be.
So they clashed, but some time after the movie ended, they talked about it and reconciled. Now they are in normal terms.
And that is a good thing, because Fury Road was amazing. I would love to get a sequel.

Top Bottom