• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider Remastered Trilogy New Gameplay Videos Released

Krathoon

I am pretty impressed with the graphics. It is an HD tune up that stays true to the original. It still feels like the original games. They even replaced the paintings in Laura's home with high res versions. You can now read her passport.

Erebus

I am pretty impressed with the graphics. It is an HD tune up that stays true to the original. It still feels like the original games. They even replaced the paintings in Laura's home with high res versions. You can now read her passport.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Basically, for someone who experienced the original games during their childhood or teenage years, it's akin to perceiving these games through the lens of nostalgia, where the mind kinda remembers them better than they actually were, if that makes sense.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
absolutely loved these games when they first came out but theres no way i'd have the time or patience for them now, i can remember them being punishingly difficult with loads of back tracking and getting lost lol, back then it was all new and looked/felt incredible so it actually felt like you where an explorer of an ancient tomb.. man when the Trex showed up lol, nowadays id probably give up on the first puzzle

Erebus

absolutely loved these games when they first came out but theres no way i'd have the time or patience for them now, i can remember them being punishingly difficult with loads of back tracking and getting lost lol, back then it was all new and looked/felt incredible so it actually felt like you where an explorer of an ancient tomb.. man when the Trex showed up lol, nowadays id probably give up on the first puzzle
I started the first one yesterday and you know what, it's not as bad I'd thought it would be so far. Once you become familiar with the controls (I prefer the tank scheme), the platforming is quite enjoyable, and playing a game from that era with decent graphics feels surprisingly rejuvenating. It's also impressive that despite not playing these games for decades, I can still recall my way through many of the puzzles.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I started the first one yesterday and you know what, it's not as bad I'd thought it would be so far. Once you become familiar with the controls (I prefer the tank scheme), the platforming is quite enjoyable, and playing a game from that era with decent graphics feels surprisingly rejuvenating. It's also impressive that despite not playing these games for decades, I can still recall my way through many of the puzzles.
honestly id love to sit down on a fri nite with a few beers and have a run through on the first one purely for nostalgia stakes, but i currently have RE4 VR to get through, finish my playthrough of TLOU Pt1, finish Chapter2 of Baldurs Gate and start A Plague Tale: Requiem lol, i game like 4hrs a week!! back in the OG Tomb Raider days i gamed most every night in my bedroom with the G/F, getting older sucks for being a gamer

Last edited:
They've finally gave us the Lara that looks exactly like it is on the box cover. That was the imagination I had when I played the game.

Top Bottom