• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer for A Ghost Story (dir. David Lowery, starring Rooney Mara and Casey Affleck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icolin

Banned
Link

It's all about time. Watch the official trailer for A GHOST STORY, from writer/director David Lowery (Ain't Them Bodies Saints, Pete's Dragon), starring Rooney Mara and Casey Affleck. In Theaters July 7th.

RELEASE DATE: July 7th, 2017
WRITER/DIRECTOR: David Lowery
CAST: Rooney Mara and Casey Affleck

Hyped as hell for this. Looks great, loved Ain't Them Bodies Saints, great cast, and the early reviews (via Sundance) are glowing, with the movie at an 89 MC score (also, GAF impressions are in this thread, and they're glowing with praise as well).

Okay so basically no one can see the ghost? So instead of a romance this is more of an internal drama about the legacy you've left after you've died? I thought this was gonna be a straight Ghost rip so this sounds better.

Some really gorgeous shots in there too. Love the one where the ghost is in the hospital.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING.

If you are complaining that it looks cheesy or funny, the film is very aware of its own sense of humor.

Man, I didn't get any of that from the trailer like, at all. Knowing this kind of changes things. I'm watching regardless... trailer just isn't pulling me in.

Man, I didn't get any of that from the trailer like, at all. Knowing this kind of changes things. I'm watching regardless... trailer just isn't pulling me in.

Yeah, the trailer is selling the epic scope of the film (which it very much is), but especially in the first half there are moments of levity.

B33

Banned
Expendable, would you mind answering a question about A Ghost Story?

Is the entire film in the aspect ratio the A24 teaser trailer shows? It looks like it was shot on 16 mm film.

Expendable, would you mind answering a question about A Ghost Story?

Is the entire film in the aspect ratio the A24 teaser trailer shows? It looks like it was shot on 16 mm film.

Yes, it is. 1.33:1 aspect ratio, but I believe it was shot digitally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom