• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump gives Puerto Rico response a grade of 10 out of 10

KSweeley

WTF?!?! The response grade sure as hell is NOT 10 out of 10: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...grade-of-10-out-of-10/?utm_term=.99cb72088845

October 19, 2017

President Trump on Thursday said the federal response to hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico deserves a grade of 10 out of 10 as he met at the White House with Ricardo Rosselló, the governor of the U.S. territory.

“I would say it’s a 10,” Trump said, arguing that the destruction wrought by Hurricane Maria “was in many ways worse than anything people have ever seen.”

“It went right through the middle of the island, right through the middle of Puerto Rico,” Trump said as Rosselló sat by his side in the Oval Office.

Trump’s assessment was at odds with public polling — fewer than half of Americans approve of how he has handled a succession of hurricanes this year — and with the assessments of some local officials on the ground, including the mayor of San Juan.

Rosselló declined to give a numerical grade but said the White House thus far had answered “all of our petitions” in Puerto Rico, where much of the island remains without electricity weeks after the storm hit.

“You responded immediately,” Rosselló said when asked by Trump, “Did we do a great job?”

But Rosselló said the island still needs more resources, adding that that was the reason he had come to Washington to meet with Trump.

“The reality is we still need to do a lot more,” Rosselló said.

He also made a pitch for the federal government to “treat us equally.”

“I think we did a fantastic job, and we’re being given credit,” Trump said. “We have done a really great job.”

While fielding questions from reporters, Trump was asked if would support making Puerto Rico a state. He declined to answer.

"Well, we're not talking about that now," the president said. "You'll get me into trouble with that question."

GhaleonEB

As usual, it's all about him. We did a great job! Look at what a great job we did! Look at what an amazing job we're doing.

Off to the golf course while PR is still languishing.

geomon

JCPjWlL.gif

gimmmick

But of course he would. He also thinks his administration is filled with the best people even though they keep resigning.

Balphon

He's a habitual liar who is pathologically averse to suggesting anything he does isn't "the best," much less admitting fault.

Comments like these are totally in character and not surprising.

jelly

He's a habitual liar who is pathologically averse to suggesting anything he does isn't "the best," much less admitting fault.

Comments like these are totally in character and not surprising.

Yeah.

I hope Mueller or someone gets him on the stand, can you imagine how bad he would be.

I see the white supremacist in chief is still trying to downplay the severity of the situation so he can keep ignoring it.

"Well, we're not talking about that now," the president said. "You'll get me into trouble with that question."
As opposed to everything else you've said?

Oppo

If you asked Trump how his meal was it was a 10.

If you asked him the quality of his shoes he’d say 😜10.

If you asked him how hot his daughter is, he’d waffle for 5 seconds and then say 10.

If you asked him where he places on the top 10 presidents of all time he’d say 10 until he realized 37 seconds later that this means last place on the top 10 and rather than settling for this already- impressive accolade he’d change it to Numbah One Best Eveh

Morat

Banned
It's just nonsense for his supporters to repeat. These statements are not designed to convince anyone else, just bullshit for his slavering fans.

Puerto Rican on the island here. I'd grade his response a big fat 1 out of ten. Everywhere that's not the capital is fucked. No electricity until December at the earliest, water and food is scarce. Worst of all is no telecomunications. Some towns are straight up trapped due to all the debris. They can't communicate they're needs and they're dying. Hospitals are having power outtages every other day. Surgeries have been done in the dark with only the iphone flashlight as the only source light. Getting gasoline and diesel means waiting for hours and hours in lines. Driving anywhere is a nightmare because all the traffic lights are bustted and accidents are happening left and right.

I'm able to write this to you guys because I'm in the capital right now where any semblance of help is actually getting received. That's why it's not a zero.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The other thread about the Texas hurricane victims basically saying Puerto Ricans are foreigners trying to take advantage of our "generosity" is sadly not even eye opening. it's exactly what I expected. Baby Boomers are an absolute curse on society.

Most of their complaints about Millennials are basically stuff their selfish indolent lack of empathy has actually caused.

Lunar15

He says an outrageous statement, the media attacks him for how unaware it is, then he and other republicans keep chanting how he's the most attacked president.

Whether it's a bold strategy or just Trump being Trump (I'm inclined to think the latter), it's fucking annoying as all hell

Zolo

He says an outrageous statement, the media attacks him for how unaware it is, then he and other republicans keep chanting how he's the most attacked president.

Whether it's a bold strategy or just Trump being Trump (I'm inclined to think the latter), it's fucking annoying as all hell

Yeah. Going to have to tune out of news for a bit.

The other thread about the Texas hurricane victims basically saying Puerto Ricans are foreigners trying to take advantage of our "generosity" is sadly not even eye opening. it's exactly what I expected. Baby Boomers are an absolute curse on society.

Most of their complaints about Millennials are basically stuff their selfish indolent lack of empathy has actually caused.

They where exactly the same growing up which should scare everyone. Nothing seems to change.

RyanW

This is like when teachers in high school would let us grade our own homework. No matter how bad we did we always came out with As and Bs

Future

Brings home report card. Straight Fs

“I’d give myself a 10. Didn’t I do a great job?”

“Well no, you got Fs”

“I really did a great job. Just a fantastic job”

Top Bottom