• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump leading narrowly in Texas (UH, CBS polls)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's less about winning Texas outright and more about putting the GOP on the defensive in a state that previously required no investment in resources.

In fairness, we're assuming standard trendlines. The world is unpredictable and thinks could accelerate or even reverse those trends.

That's probably why it's good to build and take opportunities to expand your base in a state when a chance presents itself.

It's why I really hope Democrats use the overflowing moneyz right now to invest in expanding the map. Texas on paper should be swing state: tons of diverse liberal cities surrounded by conservative suburbs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Pomerlaw

Actually they're fixated on the IBD/TIPP Poll today that shows Hillary down nationally by 2.
There's always confirmation bias somewhere to find relief from the inevitable.

This kind of thinking makes me afraid Trump could win.

You guys better get out and vote.

She's not going to win Texas and because of how crazy these districts here are gerrymandered, there will be little impact in even state rep and state senate elections, but it will likely be quite devastating to republicans in places like Harris county (Houston) where most of the local seats are currently occupied by repubs-da, judges etc. I have friends on both sides running for local office, it will be a bloody night November 8th. I am directly impacted by the judicial and da elections here so it should be fascinating.

Hopefylly we can build on these inroads now for 2020 which will be a more important year due to redistricting.

he's literally down 10 in all live interview polls not named IBD/TIPP and his campaign's in a death spiral

it's not a matter of will he lose (nor has it been for the past month), it's a matter of will he lose in a landslide

You guys better get out and vote.
I already voted. And I worked on a campaign explicitly to get out the vote.

People need to stop doing this. The polls have us up double digits. We can act like we're winning because we are.

Democrats played the doom and gloom game in 2014 and guess what happened? No one showed up. To suggest we need to pretend we're losing or it's close in spite of all evidence to the contrary is very self-defeating.

Maybe we should ban all polling and all political analysis so we have no idea where we are until the polls close on Election Day. That seems to be what some Hillary supporters want because god forbid anyone actually think Trump could lose this one.

it's still highly unlikely, but the possibility is fucking exciting. Imagine Hillary getting close to 400 EVs and the orange turder suffering one of the most humiliating defeats in history.

I already voted. And I worked on a campaign explicitly to get out the vote.

People need to stop doing this. The polls have us up double digits. We can act like we're winning because we are.

Democrats played the doom and gloom game in 2014 and guess what happened? No one showed up. To suggest we need to pretend we're losing or it's close in spite of all evidence to the contrary is very self-defeating.

Maybe we should ban all polling and all political analysis so we have no idea where we are until the polls close on Election Day. That seems to be what some Hillary supporters want because god forbid anyone actually think Trump could lose this one.
Yeah, the evidence suggests that it's the losers who are actually more prone to staying home and depressing their turn out even further. Democrats should gloat every chance they get to depress Republican turnout further to ensure a Democratic House.

Biske

I too have already voted and encourage everyone I know to vote.

Can still gloat in Trumps complete loserness as I encourage everyone to help make him lose my state. (Utah)

Of the 2 Trump supporters in my family one missed the voter registration deadline and the other is considering not voting all together. The other 3 traditional republican voters have already cast their vote for Clinton.

Knoxcore

He's going to win TX, but I can't help but feel if we had actually put some effort in the state this year we could of won it. 2020/2024 will definitely be battleground Texas.

I'm hoping pollsters are vastly underestimating Latino and college educated turnout and we see surprises in IN, TX and MO.

Of the 2 Trump supporters in my family one missed the voter registration deadline and the other is considering not voting all together. The other 3 traditional republican voters have already cast their vote for Clinton.
48862486.jpg

Biske

Utah Democrat reporting in.

I'm really hoping McMullin has picked up some steam with people and keeps converting more folks.

A Hillary win would be glorious, but Trump losing to a wild Mormon Rogue would be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom