• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Staffer Responsible For Finding Positive News Stories Resigns

Ozigizo

$90k at ~60-70 hours a week is basically an entry level white collar, college qualified job ($25-30 an hour). It has limited opportunity of internal advancement, it's a miserable and numbing job, and you work for terrible awful people. I don't know what his educational background is but my guess would be he could be making double as either a crisis consultant or for a mega-corp PR team in-house, or for a major PR firm... or be making the same amount and working half the hours in a medium business. I know the top line number $90k seems big because it's higher than what most people make, but it's not really that high in perspective.

Yep, and you know your bosses are assholes from the get-go.

Seems like a miserable place to work.

He's probably aged 10 years in those 8 months. Another year and he'd be dead. Better things to do with your life than to go down in history working for the biggest disaster in American politics.

iqt.gif

Koomaster

I don't know why you would quit such a well paid position. Plus there was that story last month that said Trump doesn't even read all the stories, just cares about how thick the folder is that's brought to him. Just put a few legit favorable pieces on top, fill the rest of the pages with lorem ipsum and call it a day. If Trump ever gets to them and asks what it says; just tell him it's Latin for 'the president is the best.'

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
all you have to do is link him to fox news and print it out. are there even really any positive news out there? lol

EDIT: 89K/year? The fuck. let me get some bots and generate positive headlines to print out.
With those hours? With that costof living? With thatlittle job security? With that job and boss? Fuck that.

Dyle

I don't know why you would quit such a well paid position. Plus there was that story last month that said Trump doesn't even read all the stories, just cares about how thick the folder is that's brought to him. Just put a few legit favorable pieces on top, fill the rest of the pages with lorem ipsum and call it a day. If Trump ever gets to them and asks what it says; just tell him it's Latin for 'the president is the best.'

Um, 89k in DC is not that great, especially if you hate your job. Dude was probably working 60+ hrs/wk for crazy bosses who all have it in for one another, doing work that anyone with half a brain should understand is wasteful at best. I'm sure he's happy to leave

woolley

He isn't giving it to trump. He is giving talking points to people to spread the good news around the media.

Lol I'm guessing they ran out of "positive stories" to make up to present to senor cheeto.

I still find it hilarious that such a position actually existed to begin with.

barit

Geez I don't know how The Onion works but I bet their work is super hard right now when reality "trumps" everything you wrote.

I have this awesome joke about the Trump Staffer who finds positive news but must resign due .. ahh fuck it!!

Top Bottom