• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 3 - Official Teaser Trailer

chigstoke

As long as there is the open free play map like TT 2 and you can fling off of the bike with ragdoll physics, this will be worth the purchase for that alone.

CamHostage

As long as there is the open free play map like TT 2 and you can fling off of the bike with ragdoll physics, this will be worth the purchase for that alone.

There is an open world, and it's built into this new game's concept as an "Open Roads" feature, with challenges to compete while you ride. Also, developer Raceward Studio is taking over the franchise, after having done RiMS Racing. (They are still using KT Engine technology, however, and used it in RiMS. This is also the engine which will power the new open-world Test Drive Solar Crown.)

More info:

The TT Isle of Man takes place on a 60km (37 miles) circuit where riders and their overpowered bikes take incredible risks to try and win the ultimate prize: being crowned champion of the TT Isle of Man. TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 3 includes all the official content of the 2022 TT (teams, bikes and courses) and offers a unique and authentic experience. Thanks to the power of the KT Engine and the team’s extensive experience (already put to good use in RiMS Racing), RaceWard Studio recreates all the tension and passion of the iconic race. The realism of the TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge series is such that multiple professional riders trained on the previous game to prepare for the official race!

TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 3 features 32 different circuits, including current and historical courses, nearly 40 Superbike and Supersport motorbikes and riders, and upgraded physics. Controlling cornering and braking requires more precision than ever, and motorcycle customisation gives players the tools they need to achieve maximum performance.

A new “Open Roads” feature has been added and plays a central role in TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 3. Riders can travel freely on 200km (124 miles) of roads around the Isle of Man to find points of interest and challenges to complete, including online competitions as well as weekly and monthly events.

“After the great feedback we received about RiMS Racing, we are delighted to have applied all our expertise into this incredible race,” said Marco Ponte, CEO and Creative Director at RaceWard Studio. “For a team of developers with such passion for motorcycling, it makes us immensely proud to make the official game that recreates this legendary race for motorbike fans around the world.”

Last edited:

Klik

No way i'm gonna buy a crossgen game next year, no way. I'm really interested in Hogwarts:Legacy though. I might buy it on sale after a few months..

We're in 2023,PS5 is selling like hotcakes, absolutely no need for crossgen games anymore..

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
This on PSVR2 would be insane

blown away japan GIF

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The TT Isle of Man race is back with Ride on the Edge 3.

With 32 different circuits, including current and historical courses, nearly 40 Superbike and Supersport motorbikes and riders, and overhauled physics to improve realism, making this one of the most authentic true to life racing experiences yet.

A new "Open Roads" feature has been added and plays a central role in TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 3. Riders can travel freely on 200km (124 miles) of roads around the Isle of Man to find points of interest and challenges to complete, including online competitions as well as weekly and monthly events.

Get ready and rev those engines, cause we'll have more to share on TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 3 very soon.

Looks kinda cool, but I really don't see why the TT needs it own game. It could easily be folded into the RIDE series from Milestone. Like if I'm going to play a racing game, I want one that offers me more than one track with a bunch of variations.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

On the Isle of Man, the slightest mistake can be fatal. At more than 300km/h, the landscapes go by and you must not lose focus for a second. For this first gameplay video, you will discover the section one of the Snaefell Mountain Course, THE race of the Isle of Man TT, reproduced in 1:1 scale. From Bray Hill to Ballacraine, multiple dangers await you but also surprises, like the iconic buildings and churchs, the Railway Inn, the Twisted Chimneys of Glen Vine or the Crosby Hotel.

TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 3 will be available May 2023

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here's your look at gameplay from a new section of the Snaefell Mountain course in TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 3, as Peter Hickman travels at over 186mph on his BMW M1000RR from Ballacraine to Cronk Urleigh.

TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 3 will be available on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch in May 2023.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

At the NACON Connect Winter, we have exclusively revealed the first minute of our new gameplay sequence. This time we control Dean Harrison on his 2022 Kawazaki ZX-10RR in section 5 of the Snaefell Mountain circuit. What are your impressions on this new section?

UnNamed

Banned
They changed the developers, from Kylotonn to Raceward and result seems worse despite Kylotonn games were already bad technically.
The probably changed the engine as well, lighting seems off in TT3, and that LOD that changes 3 meters away...

That looks terrible. Why is the rider so jerky? There's no smoothness in their transitions on the bike.

Say what you will about Milestone, they crank out decent games on the regular that look way better than this. The Isle of Man TT should just license the track to them.

EDIT--and I realize I'm repeating what I said earlier in the thread, because this game is that forgettable. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:
Top Bottom