• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch app will be discontinued on Nintendo Switch in January 2024

cfaulkner_210921_4751_0002.jpg

Twitch is pulling the plug on its Nintendo Switch app; the streaming company is “ending support” for the app, according to a support page. It will be removing the app from the Nintendo eShop on November 6th and people who already have it downloaded will “lose access” on January 31st, 2024.
Twitch launched its Switch app in late 2021, but users have voiced some complaints with the app. You can’t see a stream’s chat, for example, meaning you have to use another device if you want to see what other people are talking about or type a message of your own. You can’t subscribe to creators if you want to support them. And you also can’t use the app to broadcast your own gameplay.
“We recently made the difficult decision to remove the Twitch app from the Nintendo Switch,” Twitch’s Gabriella Raila said in a statement to The Verge. “Nintendo remains a valued partner and we appreciate all of the support the Switch community has provided to Twitch and our streamers.”

Sojiro

I honestly never knew Twitch was available on the Switch. Sounds like it was only half functional on the device anyway, so I doubt many people even used it. We'll see if they value their partnership with Nintendo enough to get it functioning fully with their next device lol.

Pantz

Ah, I just went to download it to watch while working out. Guess I can use it for a few months.
Hope the new switch will have it again along with more apps like Netflix and stuff.
Well it's the last day or maybe tomorrow, so get it now if you want it.

Top Bottom