• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC: FIGUEIREDO VS MORENO

Figueiredo or Moreno?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cZMbHks.jpg

fuVF0em.jpg

from reddit ufc

bk9Tbcx.jpg

If you don't know Tony...

Main card fights look good for standup fans especially, rest of us will enjoy nonetheless.

Both main card fighters fought roughly 3 weeks ago, so respect for both. Surprised there aren't as many interim belts going round cause of rona, but that means ppv money... So shhhh

Voting for Moreno as he has a decent chance. He looked good in his last fight same as the champ (he has a GOAT), so a little unfair.

Tony gets respect in the lightweight division from me, great record & he deserves to be in the title contention (if he wins), Gaethje did a lot of damage, painful to watch by the end.

Thanks for the gold here & on the general MMA thread, it's appreciated (Others will prolly use it more). Your continued use & insight on the mma thread are thanks enough.

manfestival

Hard to go against Figueiredo or any champion that has such decisive wins. So my vote goes to him. Especially since he seems to be operating on a different level from most fighters. Kinda like Cowboy in his prime.

Also if I can start getting GAF gold from creating UFC threads then sign me up for thread maker LOL

If Oliveira doesn't make weight, Tony won't accept the fight. This has been an issue for a while, most overweight fighters win as they'll be in better shape and bigger (losing less water). The idea of a dq rather than a win for the record if the overweight fighter wins the match I think is in the right direction. One championship has a better system imo, but MMA is in its infancy as a competitive sport, so we'll see.

Last edited:

Carton

I’m worried JDS is going to suffer another KO loss. I’m going for him, and he still has skills, but his chin is unforgiving of any error.

Last edited:

mekes

That main event was the best fight I’ve seen in quite a while! I was gripped all the way through. Going into the 5th I thought I would just call it a draw, I think it’s a very fair outcome. Humongous props to both fighters, second time watching Figueiredo, first time Moreno. I’m a fan now.

Not sure what to make of Tony. I know he has changed his team, but is he on the decline now? My favourite fighter, gutted with the result and possible implications but Charles looked fantastic.

Thank God Khabib retired... Lots of holes in his game per Kevin Lee (a talented idiot) who if he listens to Firas can be a contender if not champ. He dominated Ferguson & Oliveira but lost. Without the champ, Lightweight is wide open.

I scored the main 4-1 Moreno, Figueiredo deserved a 2nd -1 if not a dq in my opinion. The draw was being played up earlier than warranted. MORE MONEY in the draw & rematch. What's the point.

Off to watch Joshua, let's hope for some decent refereeing & judges.

Edit: watch the main without commentary & see if you change your mind.

Last edited:
That main event was the best fight I’ve seen in quite a while! I was gripped all the way through. Going into the 5th I thought I would just call it a draw, I think it’s a very fair outcome. Humongous props to both fighters, second time watching Figueiredo, first time Moreno. I’m a fan now.

Not sure what to make of Tony. I know he has changed his team, but is he on the decline now? My favourite fighter, gutted with the result and possible implications but Charles looked fantastic.

"Nobody can be the same for a long time," lightweight king Nurmagomedov told ESPN, speaking shortly before his comfortable victory over Gaethje in October further demonstrated how far Ferguson was from the reckoning at the top of the division.

"One day, somebody is going to beat you, something is going to happen. One day you're going to go down and his day came. It was in May.

"Tony Ferguson's time is finished. Now he's going to come back and someone is going to beat him again, I believe.

Tony should've got an easier fight after Gaethje to get him back to his flow & get confidence back. Hope he doesn't stagnate at the ufc & sign a deal that'll keep him there indefinitely till they decide to release him.

I mentioned Firas in relation to Kevin Lee as he's near the top end of MMA coaches imo. He's quite cerebral & disciplined. Has worked with former champs (GSP) & if you listen & work hard you'll be OK.

mekes

"Nobody can be the same for a long time," lightweight king Nurmagomedov told ESPN, speaking shortly before his comfortable victory over Gaethje in October further demonstrated how far Ferguson was from the reckoning at the top of the division.

"One day, somebody is going to beat you, something is going to happen. One day you're going to go down and his day came. It was in May.

"Tony Ferguson's time is finished. Now he's going to come back and someone is going to beat him again, I believe.

Tony should've got an easier fight after Gaethje to get him back to his flow & get confidence back. Hope he doesn't stagnate at the ufc & sign a deal that'll keep him there indefinitely till they decide to release him.

I mentioned Firas in relation to Kevin Lee as he's near the top end of MMA coaches imo. He's quite cerebral & disciplined. Has worked with former champs (GSP) & if you listen & work hard you'll be OK.

:(

Top Bottom