• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Siege takes "maximum advantage" of PS3 feature set, says producer

onQ123

PSN exclusive Under Siege takes "maximum advantage" of PS3 feature set, says producer

During a recent discussion with PlayStation Universe, Under Siege Producer Filipe Pina said Seed Studio's upcoming PSN real-time strategy game takes "maximum advantage" of the PlayStation 3.

"So, since Under Siege is exclusive to PS3, it was tailored made to take maximum advantage of all its strong points, including a design based on the DualShock 3," said Pina, a 28 year-old resident of Porto, Portugal. "We thought that this was the perfect title to take advantage of all the new cool stuff current consoles have to offer, not only 1080p resolution and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, but also video recording, video chat, screenshot (capturing), and custom music." Bundled with PlayStation Move support, an extensive 'Editor' feature, and a platinum trophy, this $20 PSN exclusive RTS seems more like a full retail title than a downloadable release. There's really only one thing missing — mouse and keyboard support.

"Mouse and keyboard is not supported — except keyboard for text input in the Editor or in multiplayer for chat — because like I explained, from the start we made the game based on the DualShock design," said Pina. "How it is now, it doesn't make sense to use a mouse and keyboard."

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Doesn't take maximum advantage of the PS3 if there's no mouse + keyboard support. Also no 3D.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
and it's only available on PlayStation®3!

game sounds nice, though, I'll definitely buy it once it finally comes out

doesn't use sixaxis controls either...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Wario64 said:
Doesn't take maximum advantage of the PS3 if there's no mouse + keyboard support. Also no 3D.
That's always a nice to have but the danger is when devs use it as an excuse for poor controls with the default equipment. If the game doesn't feel right on the gamepad or the Move a lot of people are gonna be unhappy, whether m/kb is an option or not. If I'm sitting on the couch playing and wishing I had a m/kb the whole time then something went wrong.

GavinGT

Banned
A Steven Segal military game set in a medieval fantasy world? Awesome.

51GZBHHDFQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Props, I suppose. It's just a tad disappointing that something like this is deemed news-worthy, when likely more PS3 titles could - and should - take advantage of these features; implementing a more standardized list of can-do's.

Truespeed said:
Hmm, for some reason I now want to know which game takes minimum advantage of the PS3.

You mean in regards to feature sets.

Google PS3 games. Nearly every title you'll see doesn't include custom soundtracks, video capturing, chatting, etc. I love my little Slim to death, don't get me wrong, but it's a tad disheartening when the 360 has managed to make most of those features outright mandatory.

Truespeed

disappeared said:
You mean in regards to feature sets.

Google PS3 games. Nearly every title you'll see doesn't include custom soundtracks, video capturing, chatting, etc. I love my little Slim to death, don't get me wrong, but it's a tad disheartening when the 360 has managed to make most of those features outright mandatory.

Actually, I think there's some early games which didn't even use the SPU's. Straight PPE all the way baby. Ah, those were the days.

F-Pina

I was talking about the feature set :(

Everyone is always asking for Mouse + Keyboard support but we had to develop to game for 99% for the people out there who have the PS3 on the living room under the TV, they are sitting on the couch with a Dualshock in their hands. You can only effectively use Mouse + Keyboard if you are sitting in a desk.

And I said "maximum" not "total" advantage so... :p

Can I invite you all to the OT? Easier to keep track.

Top Bottom