• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UNLV researchers find high levels of lead in Mexican hot sauces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yawnier

Banned
I'm completely unfamiliar with all those hot sauces, I don't think I've ever seen a single one of them before up here in Canada.

AlexBasch

Huh, I'm Mexican and never heard of those except Búfalo, which I don't like.

Good thing El Primo isn't there. I like homemade hot sauce, but El Primo sauces are really good if you're on a hurry. :)

Where's all the lead coming from? What industry could cause it to seep in the ground in high enough quantities? IIRC tetraethy lead was banned worldwide a long time ago.
Ceramic and water. Lots of old places still have lead pipes so when the pipes are corroded the lead pollute the water. With ceramic is more simple, some colors used in dishes and pots have lead.

LakeEarth

Dammit, I have both of those El Yucateco sauces. Pretty good too, shit. I don't have them that often though, so I'm not too worried, but I hate to throw them out.

Joseca

Banned
I've never had one of those liste there.
lulz, at least I can continue drinking this stuff in peace:

Valentina.jpg

...for now
The best one!
Thank god Guacamaya is safe (guess so).

Guacamaya is actually made where I live haha, it goes with everything, it's not that spicy but it's so damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom