• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update: Toys for Bob not shutting down

Doom85

jimmy fallon no GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Still seems mostly dead to me. I’m not holding out hope for Spyro 4 anymore.

Ozzie666

Did they not make a lot for Skylanders franchise, that franchise seemed to sell like gold until the very end and saturation. You would think a studio like this one would be safe. Crash was pretty good too.
Activsion gobble up all the profits or something? It won't be long until they are gone at 50 employees.

CamHostage

Havnt they been cod for numourus years now? team that size they probably the ones that make premium skins all day

No, they were drafted to do CoD in 2021, and they worked on Warzone 1 and Modern Warfare 2&3, so that did seem like it would have been the end of them as a family-franchise studio (this was around the time that Vicarious Visions was absorbed into Blizzard, meaning the only other studio that wasn't making CoD for Activision was no longer with Activision,) but T4B also managed to get out the online game Crash Team Rumble.

bender

What time is it?
The reporting for this has been all over the place with different sources mentioning 86, 76 and now 36 layoffs.

Edit: 76 was actually Sledgehammer. Looks like Toys for Bob had 180 employees in 2021.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I called it the other day,

They're all remote because it's not good for morale when the new studio head, Peter Molyneux, works permanent remote in another country.

We're so back.

Top Bottom