• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UT2k4 update.

Dilbert

Patch 3339 is now available...but the BIG news is that the Community Bonus Pack 1 (CBP1) originally released for UT2k3 has been remade and updated for UT2k4!

I spent part of my weekend playing DM on some of these maps, and most were very good.

Speaking of DM...anyone up for a game sometime? I've been trying to remember to leave my Xfire running (jinx90277) when I'm online.

Dilbert

Oh yeah, one more question -- can anyone explain the stats ranking system?

I have been looking at my stats and I can't make much sense of them...except that I die too much.

Patch 3339 is now available...but the BIG news is that the Community Bonus Pack 1 (CBP1) originally released for UT2k3 has been remade and updated for UT2k4!

I spent part of my weekend playing DM on some of these maps, and most were very good.

Speaking of DM...anyone up for a game sometime? I've been trying to remember to leave my Xfire running (jinx90277) when I'm online.

We have enough 2k4 players on the boards for games, but few of them ever view the online forum. The only way you would get enough players is to create a topic on the gaming forum

Dilbert

Slo said:
I thought CBP1 was released a LONG time ago for UT2k4?
Not as far as I know. CBP2 was released in volumes 1 and 2, but the original CBP1 was for UT2k3. Some servers were running the old maps, but there were bugs and quirks since the two versions of UT are slightly different. The new batch is optimized for the latest release.

As for posting in the main thread...probably a bad idea since we DO have this separate forum. I will ask the other mods/admins if having a separate online forum is a good idea or not, since this one gets little traffic as far as I can tell.

Slo

Newbie said:
We have enough 2k4 players on the boards for games, but few of them ever view the online forum. The only way you would get enough players is to create a topic on the gaming forum

Maybe I just don't have the right people in my friends list in xfire, but I NEVER see anyone from the forum playing UT. EVER.

Dilbert

Slo said:
Maybe I just don't have the right people in my friends list in xfire, but I NEVER see anyone from the forum playing UT. EVER.
It's true -- the last couple of times I've turned on Xfire, I get nothing. Then again, I tend to play in the evening Pacific Time, so that kills any chance of catching anyone from the East Coast. I'll have to announce a game AND try to get out of work early enough to play with folks from across the country.

Top Bottom