• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vancouver Housing Market: 33% of Home Sales to Chinese Buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if Chinese economy bubble, we will have another housing and mortgage crash.

I think it can easily happen.

Globalization as a whole is killing real estate in major cities across the world. While yes, Chinese influx into these regions helps with diversity but if no one is actually living in the property or it is rented out at absurd prices it forces others out of the city. Reduced young professionals will hinder small business growth and economic development in the regions and will lead to breaking points on the real estate markets.

Darren870

It's happening all around the world. Been happening for years now in Australia. Sydney and Melbourne have huge pockets of areas full of Chinese investors.

The government is starting to crack down on the rules that foreign investors are only allowed to purchase new homes.

The scariest thing to me is that Australia is selling off their farm land to Chinese investors. With little to no regulation.

It pisses me off that I can see the places where food is foraged from but can't buy it b because it goes straight overseas.

Zoe

That report and the methodology used has enough holes in it to strain my kraft dinner.

People need to start to realize there are many issues at play here and not just one big problem.

Well if I'm reading the OP correctly, part of the point of conducting the study was to show the need for an official one funded by the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom