• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walking Dead Fans Threatened With Lawsuit Over Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Normally in instances like this I probably wouldn't side with the people airing spoilers. That finale, though, demonstrated that AMC has absolutely no faith in its own fans. They can go fuck themselves. If they want to use cheap tricks to get people to keep watching then they can deal with the reality of what that means.

OmegaFax

This is levels of crazy on AMC's legal department. Shaky argument that speculation of a TV show based on a comic book is copyrightable ... eeesh ... what are they going to do next, make a community poll, take the winner, film the episode, tweak it, and sue everyone for being right? Weird form of entrapment?

If there's a problem with a less than committed employee or contractor working on set or a person in your production staff, fix the leak.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
We have reached peak spoilerphobia*, ladies and gentlemen!

*Thanks, Bobby.

I realized this when people were complaining about the game order for E3 press conferences leaking. Not even a full list, just a partial one that ended with New Game, New Game, Smaller New Game. It's a press conference.

Or people coming into threads that say there are spoilers in the title, and then complain about potential spoilers.

I really want to know at what point it will stop. Dark Souls boss names out of context were spoilers for people, so my guess is never.

zer0das

Banned
I'm pretty sure at the rate things are going, AMC is going to kill its golden goose. They're trying to choke it out the best they can at the very least.

akira28

at first I was not sympathetic, but they're going full Scientology on these folks, so yeah. aMC, wtf? do you think you're the CIA?

AMC had it coming.

There's no way they were going to keep it secret, especially not from the spoiler group whom are behind the majority of Walking Dead spoilers. However, this is so petty. If TSDF had the funds to mount a defence, they'd likely win based on what we know. AMC would be laughed out of any courtroom.

Regardless, it doesn't matter too much if TSDF can't officially announce the spoiler [they almost certainly have a good lock on died at this point]

If you're following filming reports and have half a brain, it's going to be obvious who was killed off in mere weeks if not days - its already down to one of two characters.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I still want to know, but I probably won't be watching that premiere. Even in a hate-watch kind of way.

Z_Y

I'm with AMC for this one. Spoiling something as big as that this early in advance would deflate the premiere pretty much.

Probably something they should have thought of before they put out that bullshit ending. No way that the "victim" isn't common knowledge before the premier. It's 2016

It was Glenn, fucking bring it on AMC. I'll defend with First Amendment and counter sue with emotional damages for a million

Madness

Reminds me of when Raincoast publishing got a court order in BC to make it illegal and prevent Harry Potter fans who bought and read the last book early from saying anything or even mentioning they read it despite them having legally purchased it. Think about that.

AMC wants to make it illegal to discuss spoilers lol. Such a shit company. They ran the show into the ground as well.

Holy shit, the fandom would go crazy with this.

I think that
-----Eugene----
was the one Lucille'd, it was a nice talking point when the finale aired, but I bet really few people care that much about it now.

If the victim isn't one of the originals, they really fucked up. This is supposed to be a defining moment, so if it was anyone introduced past season 2, it just would not at all carry the weight that it was supposed to. It'd be like if they killed Axel instead of Hershel at the end of the Governor arc. It's gotta be Glenn or Daryl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom