• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Want E.X. Troopers or Japan-only titles localized? Capcom wants "fan input"

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Close dev room, blame fans, withhold completed Prototype Version, and cancel game if old.

From a Siliconera interview with Capcom’s Andrew Szymanski.
As you may recall, the Lost Planet series has a separate spin-off game in Japan, called EX Troopers, and we asked Szymanski about the possibility of that game being brought over to the west, despite past statements to the contrary.

“Whether it’s E.X. Troopers or any other Japan-only games we do or even games we are considering doing, the best thing we can get is input. I don’t need an online petition.
I just need people to go on the community sites, e-mail some of our community guys, and say these are the kinds of games we want to see.

Whether they are games released overseas that they want in other territories—again what made Strider possible was having that backup.
James [Vance] and I can walk into a boardroom and say we want to make Strider, but they’re going to say, ‘Who cares about Strider anymore?’ These people care. You have got to be able to drop that big printout on that table.”

We told Szymanski that if we ran that quote, Mega Man fans would be quick to point out how vocal they’ve been over the last couple of years.

“Well, we have to take it one at a time,” Szymanski replied with a laugh. “Strider was the right opportunity at the right time with the right time with the right partner.
We are always looking at what we can do down the line and in the future as well. Capcom wants to bring stuff like Strider and take games people know and bring them back to do cool things with them.”

Tk48qHl.png

BdOqkER.gif

cjkeats

I can't think of many other Japan only games I've wanted more or for longer than this one. I've played the demo so many times.
I'll bug whoever I need to bug to get it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You know, I appreciate Capcom's transparency and Capcom-Unity and what it's there for but they REALLY need to work on their methods and metrics for gauging fan demand. Everyone is pretty much tired of this shit, even if they skip along with Capcom because they like the IPs so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom