• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: How the Russians pretended to be Texans — and Texans believed them

Shoeless

It's fun how in this Ayn Rand dystopia, liberal arts are dead and Russian capitalists have America by the balls.

This actually makes me wonder whether Ayn Rand would approve of what's happening now. She was definitely anti-communist, but if Russia is playing by her Objectivist rules now of "If I have the power, and I can impose it others who are too weak to resist, why shouldn't I?" Then, were she alive today, she might actually consider taking up Russian citizenship again.

Neoweee

This actually makes me wonder whether Ayn Rand would approve of what's happening now. She was definitely anti-communist, but if Russia is playing by her Objectivist rules now of "If I have the power, and I can impose it others who are too weak to resist, why shouldn't I?" Then, were she alive today, she might actually consider taking up Russian citizenship again.

That's... not an exact quote, is it? Statism is like the exact opposite of Objectivism, as far as I can tell.

Shoeless

That's... not an exact quote, is it? Statism is like the exact opposite of Objectivism, as far as I can tell.

No, it's far from an exact quote. But Rand had a "the strong shall survive" mandate in with Objectivism. Like her idea of an ideal romantic relationship was a strong powerful woman being sexually assaulted by a stronger, more powerful man that overpowered her both psychologically and physically. In books like The Fountainhead, her heroic figures serve only themselves because they have an intrinsic sense of what is superior, and because of that, other people, sensing their connection to the superior, would either pointlessly try to stop them out of jealousy, or immediately become followers because while they were superior too, they were not AS superior as the protagonist, but were rational and logical enough to acknowledge this hierarchy and immediately fall in line to support it.

I've never had a twitter or facebook account. From the outside all I ever hear about them ranges from annoying to horrific. At best I hear about something dumb somebody said. Why exactly are yall still using facebook and twitter anymore? It's all idiots and bots.

Guy.brush

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics
"The Foundations of Geopolitics: The Geopolitical Future of Russia is a geopolitical book by Aleksandr Dugin. The book has had a large influence within the Russian military, police, and foreign policy elites and was allegedly used as a textbook in the General Staff Academy of Russian military."

Quote from the book:
In the United States:

Russia should use its special services within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."[5]

Top Bottom