• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We Are Still In: Local, States, and Business Leaders for the Paris Accord in the US

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/06/06/1000-us-mayors-governors-attorneys-general-ceos-join-revolt-trump/
Less than a week after Donald Trump announced that he was planning to withdraw the United States from the important Paris Climate Agreement, more than 1,000 mayors, governors, state attorneys general, CEOs, and other prominent US persons have joined in a movement called We Are Still In that does exactly what you think it does — assure the world that they still recognize the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement.
So it should come as no further surprise that Monday, a new movement called We Are Still In representing (as of writing) 1,219 governors, mayors, businesses, investors, and colleges, and universities from across the US, came into being, declaring that they and their institutions and districts will remain committed to ambitious action on climate change, even though the country's federal leadership has eschewed such decisions. Specifically, the group penned an open letter ”to the international community and parties to the Paris Agreement" that attempted to reassure the world that not everyone in the United States was abdicating responsibility for the climate, and that they would ”continue to support climate action to meet the Paris Agreement." The letter declares that ”The Trump administration's announcement undermines a key pillar in the fight against climate change and damages the world's ability to avoid the most dangerous and costly effects of climate change. Importantly, it is also out of step with what is happening in the United States."

The website for the movement.
http://www.wearestillin.com/
It also should note that we saw that over 200 Mayors support Paris yesterday who are part of the Climate Mayors.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Most excellent!

Oh and fuck you Trump.

stuminus3

This is why I still love America, despite your current President's best efforts to make me think otherwise.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Someone should tell the GOP this is what real State and Local rights look like.

"state rights" only matter when the federal government is telling conservative states that they aren't allowed to discriminate.

Top Bottom