• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

Wildebeest

There's a few gems out there still but you just don't see this sort of coherent, cultural impact anymore from entire albums. Most newer artists are more famous for the celebrity than their music and when they release an album it's 90% filler with a catchy single or two. And beyond that all the distinct pockets and scenes have just dispersed into homogeny. Can't think of a time when that many great albums launched in a such a small period of time.
I don't know. Maybe the drugs were not so strong back then, so listeners and artists could still focus up a little.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
qf0A0Ac.jpg

Awesome macabre video

Last edited:

Fbh

Still think the instrumental intro to this song would have made for a cool Starfield trailer. Though like all long Haken songs the second half sucks.

I'll never forgive myself for having had the chance to go watch them in Argentina and giving up on it

Back then it seemed like too much money....but fuck it would have been worth it.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The first Tortured Poet's Department album is phenomenal. The second one is pointless and drab. She should have just put Black Dog on the one album and left it at that.

Also, playing Taylor alongside Pearl Jam works extremely well, for some reason.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
The only song I like off of the new Pearl Jam album. A cool simple bass riff and that solo at the end sold me.

Man it really sucks how much Ive fallen off of this band. They were easily one of my all time favorites all through HS and some college and Id still see them live if they ever came back down here, but man, I really havent enjoyed anything of theirs since Yield.

Buggy Loop

Peak Thall. I love dissonant guitars. The guitarist said in an interview that he was inspired by Omar Rodriguez Lopez from the Mars Volta which I guess I kind of get it now with the chromatic sound, but widely different genres.

Top Bottom