• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you want to see from the new Nintendo system?

Kings Field

Backwards compatible with Switch

HDR to let these games fucking shine. Such amazing colors and whatnot held back by SDR.

60fps standard

Inanilmaz

Switch2 Lite version:
-720p OLED 5.5"
-amazing 3D Screen
-improved HD Rumble
-minimum 4 hours battery at max brightness
-docking station for the lite
-DLSS/VRR/HDR/120hz
-power to at least run games at stable 720p60fps & where games like pokemon don't look like ps2 games

Zannegan

1. A continuation of the hybrid concept.
2. A generational leap in power over the Switch.
3. Larger Joycon, with more reliable components and improved tracking
4. Backwards compatibility.
5. A fun gimmick/innovation of some kind (personally, I'd vote for head/eye tracking as it can be repurposed in multiple, interesting ways)

I hope the next console fails if it doesn’t have Backwards Compatibility. It has taken too long for Nintendo to release ports for the Switch of older games, just to start again from scratch. We will soon be begging for ports of Odyssey, BotW, ToTK, Pikmin 4, etc. Moving forward with our Switch library is a must IMO so that they can focus on new games and bring ports of games we haven’t seen since the switch.

Rockondevil

Not happening as long as Pokémon is one of their biggest IPs. Pokémon literally kept Nintendo afloat for the past two decades before they figured out that their home systems weren’t what the market wanted, with the lucky exception that was the Wii.
Oh I absolutely believe there’s 99% chance it won’t happen.
However I get your argument for Pokémon. The flip side is why not have the option?
You could have a switch 2 as it exists now and a box for those that want it. All peripherals would work the same just one had a screen and one attaches to a screen.

I’ve played every Pokémon game so I’m somewhat of a fan and I happily play it on my TV now.

Surely making a switch without a screen alongside the existing switch could only net more sales?
Only needs to be $50 less than the screen version.

But alas, it won’t happen.

Okay so you were talking Switch games you yourself were personally interested in, not a general list of Switch games made by Nintendo in-house.

Now it makes sense.
No. I've no interest in Sea Of Thieves, but I could see it was a big In-House production, Grounded on the other hand, not so.
That's the point I was making I've no interest in both BTW

Woopah

No. I've no interest in Sea Of Thieves, but I could see it was a big In-House production, Grounded on the other hand, not so.
That's the point I was making I've no interest in both BTW

Okay so the games have to be of a certain size, I understand your list a bit better now :).

I can definitely see an argument for not including the in-house games by ND Cube then, since even though they are full releases unlike Grounded or Pentiment, they are still smaller in scope than other titles.

But wouldn't the Xenoblade and Splatoon games count as big productions? Ring Fit was a major project for them as well.

I'm still not sure on the importance of "in house" though. One could argue that Luigi's Mansion 3 wasn't a big in house game at launch, but now it is. But that doesn't really impact the player in any way.

What I want from a new Nintendo system:

1. A hybrid console/handheld (of course)
2. Backward compatibility with Switch games (without this then I would not buy the new system)
3. A 1080p OLED screen (again, if they go back to LCD then it would put me off purchasing one)
4. A dock with additional hardware or a chip to offer decent quality 4K output using DLSS as current Switch sub-1080p games look terrible blown up to 4K on my 55" LG B9 TV, especially as most games don't have anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering... which bring me on to...
5. Basic anti-aliasing and anisotropic texture filtering support (c'mon, Nintendo, these have been around for 30+ years and your developers still act as if they've never heard of either!)

Those with the usual top-notch first party library would be a killer system for me.

Okay so the games have to be of a certain size, I understand your list a bit better now :).

I can definitely see an argument for not including the in-house games by ND Cube then, since even though they are full releases unlike Grounded or Pentiment, they are still smaller in scope than other titles.

But wouldn't the Xenoblade and Splatoon games count as big productions? Ring Fit was a major project for them as well.

I'm still not sure on the importance of "in house" though. One could argue that Luigi's Mansion 3 wasn't a big in house game at launch, but now it is. But that doesn't really impact the player in any way.

People said they was a death of Xbox games last year, if I come out and said we had 2 In House with Pentiment and Grounded , people would laugh.

I'm more interested in AAA In House games and that's what I want more from NCL. It's pretty sad that 6 years in, with not had a Mario Kart 9 native Switch game. NCL slow pace as been my issue with the Corp since the Cube and they also play it safe with sequels.

Hudo

A new "big" 3D Super Mario game
Metroid Prime 4
Mario Kart 9
Some Ubisoft game or some new IP by Nintendo, like Arms for Switch or Nintendoland for Wii U, etc.

Is what I think could be expected for the launch of the new hardware.

Woopah

People said they was a death of Xbox games last year, if I come out and said we had 2 In House with Pentiment and Grounded , people would laugh.
And if someone said that Splatoon 3 and Xenoblade 3 were two in house Switch ganes released last year, no one would laugh because its the truth.

I'm more interested in AAA In House games and that's what I want more from NCL. It's pretty sad that 6 years in, with not had a Mario Kart 9 native Switch game. NCL slow pace as been my issue with the Corp since the Cube and they also play it safe with sequels.
I definitely think it was a mistake for EPD9 to be wasted on Mario Kart Tour instead of Mario Kart 9. They should leave all mobile games to the mobile department.

And I also agree with them playing it safe. I hope with Switch 2 we get new IP from MonolithSoft and EPD10, and also more new IP from collaborations like Astral Chain.

ItsGreat

Some extra RAM and extra processors to decompress super detailed textures.

Maybe some extra CPU and GPU GHz for game logic/physics grunt, particles and shaders.

Fake 4k and HDR

And backwards compatible with easy access for developers to use the upscaling/HDR options.

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

I want the rumored "Switch 4k60" that i was promised by the leakers and media

Screen: 600-700 ppi
CPU: Yes
RAM: 8-16gb (optional upgrades via amiibos)
Storage: 2230 m.2 w/ DRAM
GPU: equal to RTX 3060ti @15-25W 🤡 (its meant to use ampere apparently so...)
Battery: Allspark? in order to handle 4k60 for more than 5min

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Like it matters what WE want?
Probably not but it’s fun to dream. It’s also fun to imagine Shuntaro Furukawa reading through the replies in this thread knowing he’ll likely disappoint every single poster;
Nervous Key And Peele GIF

sachos

I would love if they could release a home console only version of the Switch 2 with more powerful specs. I bet a lot of people would love that too. Of course every game would be made to run on the hybrid version first but the home console only version would be powerful enough to smooth out the resolution/performance.

Naked Lunch

TV console only - drop the handheld.
Wont ever happen though so I probably wont buy it.

More realistic expectation (maybe):
Less input lag on their games. Sure Switch has a big shmup library - but the input lag makes even the Xbox 360 a better shmup console choice.

MacReady13

Power. Power. POWER! Make this handheld/hybrid a fucking beast so we can play the latest and greatest! I realise a handheld won't play the latest GTA6 as well as the PS5 and Xbox Series X will but can we at least have the option to play some of the latest games at 60 fps???

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Yes it does. I’m in no rush to have to buy 3 more Nintendo systems for my household.
POV: you're a parent in the early 90s trying to understand why their child wants a "Super Nintendo" even though they already have a Nintendo in the living room

Last edited:
Top Bottom