• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Twin-Stick shooters did you sink your molars into this gen? Also, arcade vs loot-grinder vs roguelike?

What type of twin-stick do you enjoy most?

• Arcade (Geometry wars, Nex Machina, Hotline Miami)

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Loot grinders (Alienation, Diablo III as a ranged class)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Roguelike (Enter the Gungeon, Nuclear Throne)

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Some standouts (comment below and I can add more examples to the OP):

Teleglitch

Nuclear Throne

Nex Machina

Hotline Miami 1 and 2

Alienation

Assault Android Cactus

The poll question is to satisfy a curiosity of mine: out of the twin-stick shooters you played, do you enjoy the arcade, loot-grind, or roguelike ones the most? I realize that some of the games blurred the lines but try to answer to the best of your ability, it's for posterity.

d2862d02-b8fb-43b8-ac3b-30608d1123e9_screenshot.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good game for about $5 on Xbox. Similar to Geometry Wars but you can last longer. Pretty barebones game though. Not a ton of variety and I think only 1 or 2 modes.

On the plus side you can turn off the spaceship shield HUD (gets in the way) and annoying computer voice in options.

Nixonomics

That's a really tough question with there being so many great games under this umbrella. Since I have to pick I'd go with arcade style. Nex Machina and Assault Android Cactus are pure bliss and I've sunk tons of hours into both. However rougelikes would be a close second - mostly due to Enter the Gungeon.

Wonko_C

Resogun is the GOAT. I also played lots of Nex Machina, Assault Android Cactus, and Super Stardust Ultra (VR add-on)

Last edited:
QUOTE="Thing on a Spring, post: 257959149, member: 124269"]
Resogun was the one I played the most. My first platinum if I remember correctly. Such a great game.
[/QUOTE]

Actually I think it's also my first platinum trophy.[

Codes 208

I rarely ever play these types of games so i would probably have to say resogun, geo wars 3 and halo spartan assault.

Top Bottom