• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What usb drive for a wii U

dave_d

I know old system. Anyway I've got a Wii U and I already have a WD Elements drive hooked up to it. So the problem is the drive goes to sleep after 10 minutes. This means when I play Zelda TP on it the WiiU gives me an error when I save if I don't save often enough.(Literally if I forget to save for more than 10 minutes you can't save at all.) I figure maybe I get a different drive for the WiiU so what have people been using that has had a decent amount of success. (In the interim I'm going to move the Zelda save off the drive to the internal storage and just unhook it.)

I know old system. Anyway I've got a Wii U and I already have a WD Elements drive hooked up to it. So the problem is the drive goes to sleep after 10 minutes. This means when I play Zelda TP on it the WiiU gives me an error when I save if I don't save often enough.(Literally if I forget to save for more than 10 minutes you can't save at all.) I figure maybe I get a different drive for the WiiU so what have people been using that has had a decent amount of success. (In the interim I'm going to move the Zelda save off the drive to the internal storage and just unhook it.)
Buy a Switch boomer!

Real answer get a HDD with an external power cable that’s what worked for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom