• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the most insensitive act you've ever come across?

When I was in 9th grade, 2nd period I think it was art studio class, that morning I think the principle announced a moment of silence on the loud speakers because a student passed away.

But at 2nd period, teacher was giving like a short speech because he even knew that student, there was this one kid sitting at my table who took out some chocolate candy from his pocket, looked at me, then flicked the rapper out me and started laughing under his breath at me.

While everybody else is just basically fucking quiet listening to the teacher talk about the deceased kid.

I wish I had just gotten up right then and there and walked the fuck out of class.

What do you think?

rfield84

Banned
I live in Deep South, and I went driving into the city at night. Had my windows rolled down and stopped at a red light. A black guy was just walking on the side of the road peacefully. Some assholes in a truck drove by, stopped, and made a point to yell this at the guy :"keep walking you black n-word."

:(

Codeblue

My first day of 7th grade was in a new school in a new state. I had only been in the US for about 3 years at that point. First recess I watched a group of kids gather in a circle like a fight was going to happen. In retrospect, those kids were clearly special needs, clearly uncomfortable, clearly trying to escape the situation and being pushed towards each other when they tried. One finally swung and the crowd erupted. Only the two people got suspended, and not the ones that deserved it.

Kills me to think about it. Ashamed of myself for not doing anything.

painey

my ex-girlfriend didn't come to pick me up after I was in a car crash because she didn't want to be late for work

Jakten

I've seen a couple things (Especially from this specific person) but what comes immediately to mind; While I was at E3 a few years back my former boss spit at/on a homeless person and said "they need to get a fucking job. LAZY!" and then looked to us for agreement with a smug look on his face.

A couple of us gave the dude some change.

Apologies for taking so long to respond this is almost a necro bump
I live in Deep South, and I went driving into the city at night. Had my windows rolled down and stopped at a red light. A black guy was just walking on the side of the road peacefully. Some assholes in a truck drove by, stopped, and made a point to yell this at the guy :"keep walking you black n-word."

:(
I've seen something similar happen but not as bad as that. When I was in 7th grade I was on the track team, it was a big team. At the end of practice one day when we were all going back into the locker rooms, this one kid was about to go in and another kid pushed him out of the way, saying "white people first"

My first day of 7th grade was in a new school in a new state. I had only been in the US for about 3 years at that point. First recess I watched a group of kids gather in a circle like a fight was going to happen. In retrospect, those kids were clearly special needs, clearly uncomfortable, clearly trying to escape the situation and being pushed towards each other when they tried. One finally swung and the crowd erupted. Only the two people got suspended, and not the ones that deserved it.

Kills me to think about it. Ashamed of myself for not doing anything.
wtf? the kids who started the fight didn't get reprimanded for their behavior at all?
my ex-girlfriend didn't come to pick me up after I was in a car crash because she didn't want to be late for work
damn, context or not that is some insensitive shit. is this was made her go from girlfriend to ex girlfriend?
I've seen a couple things (Especially from this specific person) but what comes immediately to mind; While I was at E3 a few years back my former boss spit at/on a homeless person and said "they need to get a fucking job. LAZY!" and then looked to us for agreement with a smug look on his face.

A couple of us gave the dude some change.
this is a common opinion, though. a lot of the homeless people are just drug addicts; I got no way of knowing for sure but I have heard people, especially from 3rd world countries where there are a lot of homeless people, that they should be looking for work instead of being beggars.

Top Bottom