• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where can I find Academic Journal Articles online for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
I can generally get them from my college's database, but I can't access them from home right now (and the school is closed).

I understand that access is usually restricted for such things, but I'm hoping that isn't always the case.

Thanks

firex

ebsco? jstor?

you can usually access these off campus through your university's website. at least I'd hope so.

Senior Lurker

MS Informed
Yes, what firex said. Usually you can do proxy from your home and access those kinds of databases as if you were doing it from the university. In our case, the instructions to do that were found in the university's library website. Try to search for remote access for academic journals or something in your univ.'s website.

Kuroyume

Banned
Libraries have the same thing don't they? I believe you can get on the database with a public library card from the library’s website.

Socreges

Banned
firex/Senior, "I can't access them from home right now" :p

At any rate, thanks guys. I was able to JUST find someone on MSN that can lend me their library number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom