• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do people post account deletion threads?

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Excuse this old fart and his lack of forum/internet etiquette but why in the fuck do people post "delete my account" threads? Is it some sort of "look at me" whiney shite? Or am I missing something, if it where me I'd just pm the mods and slip off quietly into the night or you know stop visiting the site, so please enlighten me before a mod locks the post and mistakenly deletes my account

ReBurn

Gold Member
It sounds good in their head before they hit submit I guess. Need for validation prevents them from just logging out and fucking off.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
sad attention whore GIF by trystanmillet

Bulletzen72

As said before - It's just seeking attention. Looking for validation from people that don't actually give a shit. They feel better and we continue to not give a shit.....and off they go....and nothing was lost.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Because the impending ban triggers the “live” notification and the gaf millionaires start giving out gold memberships in some sort of crazy Irish wake celebration. It’s the circle of life, basically

the lion king GIF by Walt Disney Records

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
It's clearly a GAF initiative. When someone gets banned on a suicide thread, it increases the site's revenue by like 60$ a go.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
People love drama and think they are important. Want to get one more thing off their chest before they go. Many reasons.

Top Bottom