• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U GamePad High Capacity Battery - charge test -

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Yeah I 100% agree, or even ridiculous compared to the 50 hours of the Wii u pro controller. Not sure how they got that battery so good and the upad battery so bad.

Nintendo and Sony should've implemented settings to turn off the bells and whistles (screen, light, touch pad). Instead it's all half-assed.

Can turn off display to Wii U Pad but touching any button puts the screen back on.

Can only dim the light from the Dualshock 4, netting you an hour extra of battery life.

So ridiculous. Xbox One and Pro Controller manage to be the only ones who do it right...and even then I'll have to knock points off for the One's controller not having an internal battery.

TI82

Banned
Nintendo and Sony should've implemented settings to turn off the bells and whistles (screen, light, touch pad). Instead it's all half-assed.

Can turn off display to Wii U Pad but touching any button puts the screen back on.

Can only dim the light from the Dualshock 4, netting you an hour extra of battery life.

So ridiculous. Xbox One and Pro Controller manage to be the only ones who do it right...and even then I'll have to knock points off for the One's controller not having an internal battery.

Yep, 100%. I hate that stupid touchpad. I understand they wanted more input methods but its just... Weird. Have two more buttons on the back maybe? I dunno, just no touchpad.

Edit: does it simulate the touchscreen on the Vita TV? Because that might explain it.

I always for get about this battery pack and I always think I should buy one but I never get around too it, haha. It always sucks when the ONE controller you are able to fully control the system with dies.
now if we have the n3dsxl version of this, I would love it.

I had the Nyko battery pack for the original 3DS and thought it was pretty good, but it did make the system a bit heavier so I eventually went back to the original battery. I might be interested in a n3DSXL battery pack, since it's easier to grip for me than the original small 3DS.

LoveCake

I have had one of these High Capacity Batteries for sometime, i have never put it in my gamepad though, i got it for the future when the current battery dies & you cannot get spares anymore, as there is no way to charge as you play (power the controller via a lead).

pestul

My phone outright cost $300...

And yes, the shield is proof enough that the Wii U could be so much better. Especially since its really doing little to nothing other than stream screening.
I agree that the Wii U should have had a much better battery, but the Note 3 was a $700 MSRP at launch device.

Top Bottom