• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will pragmata ever see the light of day?

Umbasaborne

Banned
Pragmata was set to be an exciting new I.P. from Capcom. It was announced for the ps5 back in 2020. The last update we reveived was a year ago, where they stated it would release this year. Well, we are almost half way into 2023 and they havent said a peep personally i think this game will go the route of deep down, a new ip announced for the ps4 in 2013 that never saw the light of day. Deep down was never officially cancelled, but we can assume it was quietly shelved at this point. Probably died with the Panta rei engine they developed before the re engine came to be. I can help but wonder if pragmata will suffer a similar fate. Not officially canned, but it becomes vapor ware.

Kacho

I keep forgetting this game exists lol. Last thing I remember was a tweet saying the game had been delayed.

Fake edit: damn that was 2021. If Capcom doesn't show it at Geoff's show in June then it might be in trouble.

L*][*N*K

Banned
Are you in a rush? Do you want a broken unfinished version of that game? Because if the last two weeks is any indication that can easily be arranged

Rheon

Damn, I just realised the initial trailer dropped almost 3 years ago.

And it was meant to be coming last year lol.

NT80

What about Dragons' Dogma 2? Not even a teaser or artwork just a logo on a t-shirt a year ago and nothing since.

Elios83

I don't think it's cancelled but being a new IP it's taking more time.
I also don't think the situation is similar to Deep Down because that project was impacted by the failure of the technology that was supposed to push it (the Panta Rhei engine). Pragmata will use RE Engine.

BootsLoader

Banned
Capcom is the new Bluepoint. They release great remakes but….I think it will remain Deep Down in our minds and hearts.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Who even cares at this point?

All we've seen is a CGI concept trailer that was kinda neat but didn't blow anyone's mind. If it's going to take another year to release a good game, then fine. If it sinks in the abyss of production hell and never comes out that's fine too.

Wouldn't be the first time Playstation shows an "awesome" trailer for a game that's never coming out.

Last edited:

skit_data

As some have mentioned I fear we might be looking at a Deep Down situation.

Damn, Deep Down. That was probably the last time I was completely sold on a game just based on its trailer.

SJRB

Gold Member
I don't think it was CGI.

I think I even remember DF analyzing it and concluding that it was running in real time.

True, but CGI, in-engine, whatever. It doesn't matter. It was highly conceptual and not indicative of an actual videogame at all. It reminded me of the MGS4 reveal trailer.

How can anyone look forward to Pragmata when we know pretty much nothing about what it actually is?

The teaser trailer was interesting and I certainly wanted to see what the story was about, but I have to imagine it's dead or in development hell.

Top Bottom