• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office Est. 06•8-10 •12 Ridley Scott dances to the tune: 'I like to Move it'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The F is Moonrise Kingdom?

Edit: Good Lord that Poster, yeah now I know why it's a Platform release, Holy Hell

http://i.imgur.com/MnbBDl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hey now, it's a very good movie. Not to everyone's tastes, but it is a well written and well acted movie. Also very funny too and one of the few movies where Ed Norton is actually on form and not phoning in his performance.

Highly recommend you give you a chance before writing it off, you might be pleasantly surprised by how good it is.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I didn't know there was an entitlement concerning this, but it looks like people think there is enough that I won't do it from next week.

Well you are breaching on someone territory

The guy has done the threads for years and you come try to steal a little bit of the thunder, rather than work with him, and be a back-up if he can't post or try to do the 1 week him, 1 week you or something like that

It would be like me getting Dibs in Gaming and stealing MarkMan's thunder of Post Your Pick Ups Monthly
GAF would riot and the thread would be shit with-in 15 posts, mostly going your not so and so

I didn't know there was an entitlement concerning this, but it looks like people think there is enough that I won't do it from next week.

There isn't really entitlement, I guess, but... it's not like you're filling a void. xaosslug reliably puts the box office thread up every week. I don't know why you'd want to make one yourself unless no one else was doing it.

Decado

A good opening weekend for Prometheus...but it's a little worrying how much it slowed down after Friday. May not have legs :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
A good opening weekend for Prometheus...but it's a little worrying how much it slowed down after Friday. May not have legs :(

It's the word of mouth... not as positive as I would have liked/thought.

just alternate every week or work together on them i guess
I don't see the need for that at all. xao's post formatting, chart, RT links and everything are far superior to the information-starved, unsightly mess that is this thread's OP.

Meh, hope this doesn't become a weekly occurrence. Not much constructive discussion can occur when we're not even given budget and when half the posts are "waiting for xao" :-|

xaosslug

i don't really feel I'm 'entitled' to making the BO OT's, but I've been doing it forever - when it wasn't something that was done, at all. I actually take a big chunk out of my time to make them. It's gone from something I did for fun, to what I feel is an obligation for the good of GAF. You can def. PM me and we can go over a schedule, if you like? I'm cool to share. But, I would hope that we can keep the thread's uniform in style, because peeps like what they like. LOL

Biff

just alternate every week or work together on them i guess

No, just let xaos do it every week.

His are far better. wtf does "ridley scott dances to the tune 'I like to move it'" mean?

Come for the title, stay for the banter.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I was not aware that Madagascar 3 was being received well by critics. Color me surprised as I had thought it would be written off. Up next, Ice Age 4.

artist

Banned
I was not aware that Madagascar 3 was being received well by critics. Color me surprised as I had thought it would be written off. Up next, Ice Age 4.
What Madagascar 3 has going for it is people go in with no expectations and its the opposite for Prometheus. Hence the shocking RT scores.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
No, just let xaos do it every week.

His are far better. wtf does "ridley scott dances to the tune 'I like to move it'" mean?

Come for the title, stay for the banter.

Good lord, you all need to get the fuck over it. OMG SOMEONE MADE ANOTHER BOX OFFICE THREAD.

Or simply post in Xao's thread like everyone else and stop douching it up by rushing to make a subpar looking thread. If it ain't broke and all.

As I said ill stop making the new thread due to entitlement issues, there is no other definition

TheMan

Good lord, you all need to get the fuck over it. OMG SOMEONE MADE ANOTHER BOX OFFICE THREAD.

i think the real issue is that the OP is basically copying xaosslug's format without changing anything. his threads are wholly redundant.

if he were to somehow improve the threads (movie clips? witty original commentary? better aesthetic? i dunno) there wouldn't be nearly as much bitching.

i think the real issue is that the OP is basically copying xaosslug's format without changing anything. his threads are wholly redundant.

if he were to somehow improve the threads (movie clips? witty original commentary? better aesthetic? i dunno) there wouldn't be nearly as much bitching.

I doubt that is the case, if i changed the format people would still complain? Ask anyone

Decado

Just hope Prometheus makes enough for a sequel because I"m dying for one.
It has bigger implications, IMO. Big budget pics with an R-rating are rare enough that, when they do come out, they better do bloody well, otherwise it's going to be even tougher going getting the next green-lit. If Prometheus doesn't do well in the BO, it could have severe implications on Elysiam (the big budget, supposedly R-rated, sci-fi film from the director of District 9).

ggnoobIGN

Banned
RE: Making this thread every week; there's obviously multiple people who want to make the thread. Please coordinate with each other instead of racing to be the first to post it. We have a thread in the Gaming Community forum to coordinate this kind of stuff, too, in the event that you're not sure who you need to talk to to coordinate stuff. Click here for the thread. No one is entitled to make the thread, work together, thanks.

Or just have the xiao guy make it, as no one wants this scrubs shitty thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom