• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman claims man kidnapped her, forced her to watch ‘Roots’ to ‘understand her racism

Bullet Club

Banned
Woman forced to watch 'Roots' to 'understand her racism,' Cedar Rapids police say

m0brAVG.jpg

CEDAR RAPIDS — A Cedar Rapids man who was arrested Monday is accused of holding a woman captive and forcing her to watch “Roots” — a nine-hour miniseries that chronicles author Alex Haley’s family line from the capture and enslavement of his ancestor Kunta Kinte to the liberation of Kinte’s descendants.

Robert Lee Noye, 52, forced the woman to sit with him, at a residence in the 700 block of Second Avenue SW and watch the series “so she could better understand her racism,” according to a criminal complaint.

When she tried to move, Noye told her to “remain seated and watch the movie with him or he would kill her and spread her body parts across Interstate 380 on the way to Chicago,” the complaint said.

Noye faces charges of first-degree harassment and false imprisonment.

Source: The Gazette

Watch Roots for 9 hours or death. Tough choice.

I love that on the picture the dude looks like a chill and fun guy. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Has he admitted to it? Does he have any relations to her? Seems like there's barely anything in the article and the whole situation seems so absurd that part of me gets skeptical. Then again, might just be mental illness.

ph33rknot

Banned
Woman forced to watch 'Roots' to 'understand her racism,' Cedar Rapids police say

m0brAVG.jpg

CEDAR RAPIDS — A Cedar Rapids man who was arrested Monday is accused of holding a woman captive and forcing her to watch “Roots” — a nine-hour miniseries that chronicles author Alex Haley’s family line from the capture and enslavement of his ancestor Kunta Kinte to the liberation of Kinte’s descendants.

Robert Lee Noye, 52, forced the woman to sit with him, at a residence in the 700 block of Second Avenue SW and watch the series “so she could better understand her racism,” according to a criminal complaint.

When she tried to move, Noye told her to “remain seated and watch the movie with him or he would kill her and spread her body parts across Interstate 380 on the way to Chicago,” the complaint said.

Noye faces charges of first-degree harassment and false imprisonment.

Source: The Gazette

Watch Roots for 9 hours or death. Tough choice.
Death please

If this happened to me, I'd make a point of being one of those really annoying people who ask questions all the time.

"Why did he do that?"
"But won't they get found out?"
"Can we watch that bit again, I wasn't paying attention."
"Why did he do that?"
"Will you pause it whilst I use the bathroom?"
"Can I have a drink?"
"Why did he do that?"
"Oh, I think I've seen this bit before"
"Wait, remind me - so this person is the mother - no, the aunt of.. ? What was their name again?"
"Why did he do that?"

South

Banned
Surely in Clown World the Man can claim damages and the woman should have not acted like an entitled racist and listened to his 'truth'.
How dare she leave brain conditioning social justice learning to give her the correct worldview.

Doom85

I love that on the picture the dude looks like a chill and fun guy. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Police officer: Stop smiling! This is a criminal photo, you have to look drugged out, miserable, or bloodthirsty! No, stop having a good time! Aw fuck it, Jimmy just take the picture.

GymWolf

Gold Member
If this happened to me, I'd make a point of being one of those really annoying people who ask questions all the time.

"Why did he do that?"
"But won't they get found out?"
"Can we watch that bit again, I wasn't paying attention."
"Why did he do that?"
"Will you pause it whilst I use the bathroom?"
"Can I have a drink?"
"Why did he do that?"
"Oh, I think I've seen this bit before"
"Wait, remind me - so this person is the mother - no, the aunt of.. ? What was their name again?"
"Why did he do that?"
Annoying while being servile, a shrodinger kidnapped person basically.

Police officer: Stop smiling! This is a criminal photo, you have to look drugged out, miserable, or bloodthirsty! No, stop having a good time! Aw fuck it, Jimmy just take the picture.

I mean, this is the norm:
f169cce2-Ricky-Deeley-mug.jpg

190221-jussie-smollett-mugshot-2x1-al-1003_4d23742f770b282be5fb6322a14fcbae.jpg

ShiaLaBeoufMugshot.jpg

All looking like either "fuck this bullshit" or "I fucked up".

While the guy in the OP looks like he's watching a sitcom while smoking a joint. "Am I arrested? This gonna be amazin'."

Top Bottom