• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF ??

Caio

I got a problem with my XSX : Once I turn it on, all is normal, I mean, the image on screen is normal. But when I load some Games, or App like Netflix, the image is like flickering/broken/full of orizontal white lines, and I can't understand why. I restarted the Console 3 times already, also switched off, but nothing changes. Do you have any idea what could be the problem ?

PS : some games have no problem, others have this image issue; App like Netflix have the issue, while Gamepass works fine; what the f...k is this ?
I'm mad 'cause I started NG+3 Elden Ring, I'm free today, but I cannot play because of this silly issue.

• Empathy
Reactions: Isa

tryDEATH

Turn off Xbox, plug it out of the outlet, and then unplug the caple from the power brick for about 10 minutes. While your Xbox is off and unplugged press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds as well.

Krathoon

Something got corrupted with the HDR.

I had this weird problem with my PC where I had a bad boot. The icons and start menu would not show up. I went into task manager and rebooted and it was all fine.

ManaByte

Turn off Xbox, turn on PS5
The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Slap GIF

LakeOf9

I turned off HDR from XBox setting, then back on, and did the same on my TV, and now all is back to normality. I will never fully understand software and hardware :D
Same, I just try a bunch of things until things end up working out :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Glad I was able to help!

Three

Might be your HDMI cable. Make sure it supports whatever bitrate/bandwidth you need.

Last edited:

Gone

Banned
You need to publicly support the Activision deal before you console goes back to normal. Happened to my buddy, Eric

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Krathoon

I had a weird problem with my PS5 not getting detected by my HDMI switch. Eventually, it worked. Not certain what happened.

oji-san

Banned
Maybe you should take a video of the problem, i have no idea what it could be, but it might add more trying to solve it.

Last edited:

intbal

Xbox has system-level settings, so if there's a mismatch, it should be affecting everything, not just certain games and apps.
That's a weird one. If this were 2006, I'd say you had a refresh rate mismatch.
Agree with poster above. Would like to see video of this.

Caio

Xbox has system-level settings, so if there's a mismatch, it should be affecting everything, not just certain games and apps.
That's a weird one. If this were 2006, I'd say you had a refresh rate mismatch.
Agree with poster above. Would like to see video of this.
I made a video for a friend of mine, and I forward it to you; I was talking to him in italian, but you can still see the issue, which is now solved, by a reset.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Glad it’s fixed for you!

Now the proverbial me being kind of an ass on the forums as usual…Maybe next time, calm down and take a few deep breaths, then post on Gaf. Possibly a less click baity thread title with some context would be nice. Aside from that, happy you are back gaming lol

Last edited:

intbal

That's crazy. It looks like the TV is trying to display two different signals at the same time. One at 50hz and one at 60hz. Never seen anything like it.

Top Bottom