• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Summer "Ultimate Game" Sale, July 23 - August 6

kingfey

Banned
Deluxe edition Immortal phoenix for 35$ is nice. But I can't commit to it though. I have BOW, and played genshin impact for a while. Doing too much of this genre, might make me hate it.

b0uncyfr0

Hmm looking for some good indies not on game pass. Transistor isn't there, damn. What else is worth buying?

Kuranghi

I can't buy any of these things but Hitman 2 Gold for £11.99 is one of the best deals on the list, thats insane value.

Ace Combat 7 for £17.99 is also a great deal even if you've never played a game like it before, had a lot of fun with that game. Very fun game to play on a summer day inbetween dozing.

Kagey K

Banned
I was looking at Dragons Dogma, Kingdoms of Amular or Kingdom Come but I have so many games to play already.

I have heard good things about all 3 though.

Neil Young

Looked at the list … nothing 🤣
great contribution

vtPRjK4.jpg

Civ 6 , Hitman 3, Metro Exodus since I just got the series X. Very good sales!!!

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
If you want a list of the games + cover art, just got to xbox.com and click the ultimate sale banner (not linking because you want to go to your own region).

Wow so many Ass creed bundles. Too bad i played all of them.

Triple pack with Valhalla, Origins and Odyssey for under 100$. Great deal if you haven't played them.

Andodalf

Banned
Wow so many Ass creed bundles. Too bad i played all of them.

Triple pack with Valhalla, Origins and Odyssey for under 100$. Great deal if you haven't played them.

yeah those deals are crazy if you haven’t played them before.

I was looking at Dragons Dogma, Kingdoms of Amular or Kingdom Come but I have so many games to play already.

Tried to play kingdom come, but it plays so poorly, it needs a next gen patch so much. The console version is just clearly compromised, and 30 FPS feels awful.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
yeah those deals are crazy if you haven’t played them before.

Tried to play kingdom come, but it plays so poorly, it needs a next gen patch so much. The console version is just clearly compromised, and 30 FPS feels awful.
Ok scratch that. Either Kingdoms of Amular or Dragons Dogma then.

I was leaning that way anyway, Kingdom Come was the one I was honestly least interested in. There other 2 are a near tie in my interest level.

Also I could have sworn the middle earth Shadow of War expansion pass was on sale last night, but doesn’t seem to be today.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned

Ok scratch that. Either Kingdoms of Amular or Dragons Dogma then.

I was leaning that way anyway, Kingdom Come was the one I was honestly least interested in. There other 2 are a near tie in my interest level.

Also I could have sworn the middle earth Shadow of War expansion pass was on sale last night, but doesn’t seem to be today.
It was on sale as a part of the WB sale

splattered

Might whale on Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Immortal Fenyx gold editions since i haven't played them yet. Worth it? I used to wait for target to toss the steelbook ultimate editions in with the standard edition SKUs pricing and on top of that buy them when they're on sale but i don't buy physical anymore sooo.

Lots of good deals here, will be hard to resist some stuff.

Andodalf

Banned
Might whale on Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Immortal Fenyx gold editions since i haven't played them yet. Worth it? I used to wait for target to toss the steelbook ultimate editions in with the standard edition SKUs pricing and on top of that buy them when they're on sale but i don't buy physical anymore sooo.

Lots of good deals here, will be hard to resist some stuff.

Is the ACV expansion pass on sale? Need to pick that up, really enjoying the base game so far.

splattered

Octopath Traveler is half off too... prob gonna get ass creed valhalla/rise of fenyx gold, hitman 3 deluxe, and octopath traveler. Oh already picked up Darksiders 3 even though it's gonna be meh... have just been waiting till it hit ~15 for the deluxe, took forever.

*Skipped Fenyx, watched some videos and decided i may never play it. Everything else was a get though.

Last edited:

Greggy

Can't believe Sekiro is still at 38£.
Is Watch dogs Legion worth it at 24£?
Mass Effect Legion at 44£?

Only one I'm sure about is Metro Exodus at 12,69 because I treid it on GP back in the day

Had enough Game Pass rewards points to buy Black OPS Cross gen bundle. This also gets me 4000pts back.

Just started downloading it, (just the Campaign for now) and even using the modular install, adding the Base/campaign/hd textures and Ray tracing on the Series X version is still about 125GB...

I never learn with COD games, I don't buy them straight away nowadays but can't resist a bargain (free with points)

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Cool, but I went all these months since buying a Series S with just gamepass, so not planning to spend any money now. Battlefield being the exception.

Last edited:

KillaJamm

Perfect timing, just bought Metro Redux on my PS4 for £3 and picked up the Series X version of Metro Exodus Gold Edition for £18 as I had a £5 credit from my rewards. Not bad to get the whole series for just over £20 👌🏼

Wizz-Art

Between Game Pass Ultimate and Microsoft Rewards I haven't spend any real money for a long time on games. When the sale started I just converted 182,000 points for $200 bucks. Pre-ordered the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition as I always buy all Forza games as they are well worth it even though they will be on Game Pass. And bought Ace Combat 7 Deluxe Edition, Shining Resonance Refrain, Overlord Fellowship of Evil and Civ. 6 and still got $61,30 left for the Tuesday movie specials for the next couple of weeks. Microsoft Rewards are amazing, hands down the best loyalty program there is!

Last edited:
Also if you use Cash App/Square Cash - the card has a boost right now for PSN purchases and Xbox purchases for %15 off, so you can knock an extra %15 off any of the games on that sale list.

jaysius

Banned
I was really hoping for a RE Village sale, no way I'm buying that thing at full price. I hope they update this sale next week to add more games.

Aion002

I think I will get The Witcher 3. I already got the plat on the ps4... But I've been wanting to replay it for a long time and since the next gen upgrade is coming , I guess that now is the right time!

Last edited:

splattered

Whoops totally wrong game sale too, i haven't bought $50 from the summer spotlight, just Death's Door i believe. Nevermind!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Picked up Prototype 1 and 2. They are the completely lazy uprez ports of the original 360/ps3 games, but at 80% off I couldn't help myself. I've only played the first one so far, but while the graphics are dated, the gameplay is still fantastic and the absolute chaos and carnage caused in the sandbox is hilariously absurd. I forgot how much complete disregard for (digital) human life the game has. You know how in AC you get a stern warning for killing an innocent npc? I unlocked an achievement for running over 500 of them with a tank and it took like 2 minutes to do.

If you haven't tried this series, I'd recommend at least checking out the first one. It's currently $6 US. Just remember to buy the games individually and not the bundle. The bundle isn't on sale for some reason.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Looked at the list … nothing 🤣

yeah me as well. but quite frankly that goes for any platforms. There just isnt anything out right now that I want. its sad. tales of arise looks to be my only must have for the rest of the year.

Top Bottom