• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xuan Yuan Sword 7: Side quests not appearing, is this a bug?

Stafford

So I'm about three hours into this game and the only side quest I've had so far is the one where you can play chess. I won from the guy and a second time playing it was a draw. For some reason the quest doesn't appear in "completed" at the side quest section.

I've also been to several places now where you absolutely would expect some fetch quests, but they are not appearing. This is my second time playing (previously I played for a few hours and took a break, started over with the game yesterday) and I could swear I had plenty side quests, the blue icons on the map. Is it because I play on easy? I hate difficulty spikes, I just don't have the patience for that anymore.

I'm on Xbox by the way.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

I played on PC a while back, so my memory is fuzzy, but it does sound like you got a bug. Maybe try an early save and see what happens?

stn

I beat the game a long time ago so I don't recall, sadly. One thing I do recall is that difficulty has nothing to do with it, so playing on easy isn't the reason. Start a fresh save and see what happens?

Stafford

I played on PC a while back, so my memory is fuzzy, but it does sound like you got a bug. Maybe try an early save and see what happens?

I decided to check a video walk through and skipped through it until the part where I am at as well. The reason it didn't update my chess side quest because I had to win twice, it seems for some reason. However, that's all he is getting, chess side quests. So I guess it's fine.

Top Bottom