• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now use PayPal on Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Switch eShops

Steiner

Banned
From today's press release:

For customers in the United States and Canada, PayPal is now available as a payment option for digital content on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch! Linking your accounts will also allow you to use PayPal as a payment option on the Nintendo website when purchasing content for Nintendo Switch, Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Learn more here.

This is so, so nice.

EDIT: Actually at second glace, a mod may want to edit my title, because I think I misunderstood. PayPal is only available to use on the Nintendo Switch eShop, but you can use PayPal on Nintendo's website when purchasing 3DS and Wii U games. I think that's the shtick, right?

Khrno

I need this on the UK eshop to buy dome olde4 3DS and Wii U games.

Edit: Switch only? Something is something, but sucks.

Correction: PayPal can be used on the Switch eShop, not the Wii U and 3DS eShops.

However, you can also use PayPal when buying digital games for all three systems from Nintendo.com if you have a linked account.

(Also, there's a couple threads already)

Steiner

Banned
Correction: PayPal can be used on the Switch eShop, not the Wii U and 3DS eShops.

However, you can also use PayPal when buying digital games for all three systems from Nintendo.com if you have a linked account.

(Also, there's a couple threads already)

Yep, I put that right in the OP about 20 seconds after posting, but thank you.

Also I saw a thread from a few days back saying that PayPal was coming, but now it's here. New news, new thread.

As I posted in the other thread, I was able to link my PayPal account to my Nintendo Account despite the countries being different. They are both in North America though.

Refyref

As I posted in the other thread, I was able to link my PayPal account to my Nintendo Account despite the countries being different. They are both in North America though.

And I managed to link my non-American PayPal account to my US Nintendo Account.

Codiox

Can i link my german Paypal account to my canadian Nintendo account? So i can buy games from the canadian eshop on my switch with my german paypal account?

Regiruler

Linking your accounts will also allow you to use PayPal as a payment option on the Nintendo website when purchasing content for the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

What the title implies and what the release says are two different things.

Top Bottom