• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Z Nation Cancelled at Syfy

bitbydeath

Gold Member
”We wanted to tell you face to face… that we were not renewed for Season 6,” Latt said in a late-night Periscope video on Friday. “We’re stopping at Season 5. We’re very sad, but we’re also really grateful with the opportunities that we had on the show.

“This is not the end of anything,” he continued. “This is just the beginning of a lot of things,” including the Netflix prequel series Black Summer, which received an eight-episode order back in July. The series stars Hart of Dixie alumna Jaime King as a mother who, having been torn from her daughter, embarks upon a harrowing journey to find the girl. Alongside a group of American refugees, King’s protagonist “must brave a hostile new world and make brutal decisions” in the midst of a zombie apocalypse’s deadliest summer, according to the official logline.

https://tvline.com/2018/12/22/z-nation-cancelled-season-6-syfy/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I liked this show for the first few seasons, then it kinda fell off a cliff for me around the start of Season 3.

Sad to see it ending, we need more good Syfy original shows.

cryptoadam

Banned
Wow horrible news. The show is really good as long as you accept that its cheesy and tongue and cheek. It managed to keep itself way more interesting than Walking Dead. Its ironic because it started out as a cheap knock off of WD, but by its 3rd season it had surpassed WD.

At least every season they add new twists and switch things up. For a cheap show they manage to find many different destinations compared to WD with its boring samey locations.

Sucks they won't be able to wrap up the story as I would like a series finale all though the last episode seem to be leading to some sort of end game. Hopefully Netflix picks it up or atleast give us a finale movie.

Anyone interested in Zombies, sick of Walking Dead should give the show a chance. Stick around for the ride because it gets wild and goes in way to many directions to describe but by the end you will have grown to really like the show and its characters.

Wag

The show turned to shit this season when they introduced the George character and most of the episodes became about sjw causes. I dropped it.

Last edited:

Traianvs

Black summer is available on Netflix.
I loved znation, much more than the walking dead because, despite the low budget, they were able to craft a funny and weird world and lovable characters
Last season was a bit meh with some terrible episodes ( the hackers, the junkyard) but the new characters like George and Pandora were solid and I was satisfied with the ending.

Black summer should be a more serious approach to the znation world, chronicling the first days of the zombie outbreak.
Can't wait to watch it and read some impressions

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I mean it’s absolutely terrible so I’m not surprised, but that doesn’t stop me from watching it. I’m currently half way through season 4.

My wife and I watched the first few episodes of Black Summer and thought it was pretty decent. Waiting to watch a little more before making a final judgement but so far it's been a fun watch.

Top Bottom