• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who 60th Anniversary Specials | Official Trailer

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I just find it funny that they are ignoring all the damage the Flux did. I would like to see them address that.

Maybe the Time entity reversed it?

I can't even remember anything about The Flux ... Or The Impossible Girl... Even now barely remember the origin of Timeless Child (how on Earth did The Master even KNOW about that?) ... But I liked this seasons episodes... This Doctor is a bit more free spirited and smiley and acts like someone's young grandpa.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
They did kind of drop The Impossible Girl. Apparently, Clara is still scattered along the Doctor's timeline.

Funny... They dropped Mrs. Who, too.

Funny also, I used to think Alex Kingston was biracial because her facial features (and hair) look stereotypically black/white... But she's British and German... Wholly white. Genetics are weird, innit?

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Drinker was once a pretty decent reviewer and critic, but he's long since given that up in favour of the high engagement he gets from the clickbait outrage stuff. Same goes for Mauler. Nerdrotic manages to keep his particularly nasty opinions to himself most of the time, but they sneak out every once in a while when he's not being careful. The outpost guy is well recognised as a nasty piece of shit.

Doctor Who may well be absolute garbage these days (which it definitely is), but these guys will push the anti-woke messaging as hard as possible, over actually critiquing the show's content, because that's what gets the subscribers and money.
I don't know how you can say that unless you're just judging a book by its cover...err a YouTuber by their thumbnails

Mauler hardly ever brings up politics and keeps to the writing and logic of something almost exclusively. Drinker can compliment stuff if it's done well even if progressive as he's a big fan of old trek and arcane and such. Ryan has some funny clips but he'll be the first to make fun of himself like "Yeah I can see how people say that I look pretty racist insulting this character in my fucking truck" like he's self aware and self depricating

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I don't know how you can say that unless you're just judging a book by its cover...err a YouTuber by their thumbnails

Mauler hardly ever brings up politics and keeps to the writing and logic of something almost exclusively. Drinker can compliment stuff if it's done well even if progressive as he's a big fan of old trek and arcane and such. Ryan has some funny clips but he'll be the first to make fun of himself like "Yeah I can see how people say that I look pretty racist insulting this character in my fucking truck" like he's self aware and self depricating

I’ve watched enough of all of them to know what they’re like.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Well, this 73 Yards episode got weird.
Ruby may be the "One who waits". She just might be a god. Cheating death is a very god thing to do. Also, she scared the hell out of everyone with her mere presence.

Still, it may have just been an interaction with the perception filter and the fairy circle.
Fairies are a real thing in the Doctor Who universe. Just look at the Torchwood episode.
The whole thing may have been a plot by the fairies to stop the Prime Minister.

Or, a test for Ruby.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Well, this 73 Yards episode got weird.
Ruby may be the "One who waits". She just might be a god. Cheating death is a very god thing to do. Also, she scared the hell out of everyone with her mere presence.

Still, it may have just been an interaction with the perception filter and the fairy circle.
Fairies are a real thing in the Doctor Who universe. Just look at the Torchwood episode.
The whole thing may have been a plot by the fairies to stop the Prime Minister.

Or, a test for Ruby.

I think it was a really good episode... I was engaged the moment The Doctor disappeared

Krathoon

Gold Member
What is great about 73 Yards is that horrible things are happing and they don't make sense and there is no real explanation.

That is the most disturbing kind of horror.

Krathoon

Gold Member
NEXT TIME
Seems like this is about how social media distracts you from real life.
Like you are living in a bubble.
Really, that is kind of the nature of existence really. You have a sphere of people you know.

Top Bottom