• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hacks

Vyse

Gold Member
Anyone watching this show on HBO max? Started watching with my wife and daughter. Based in Las Vegas, where I live. Super funny with heart. Check it out. Believe they have 3 seasons. I am finishing up the first season.

I actually found it by accident. This show is excellent. Reminds me of a the second and 3rd season of Entourage.

One of the better things HBO has created in a while!

MrMephistoX

I binged it while I was laid up last week after hernia repair surgery and really enjoyed it. I found it to be genuinely funny even without hardcore pain meds.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
wife was watching it and it totally sucked me in so we started back from the beginning. little corny at times but overall a thoughtful and well written show, genuinely funny with surprisingly wholesome nuanced takes on culture issues. the girl that plays ava is also super cute :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Last edited:

Vyse

Gold Member
wife was watching it and it totally sucked me in so we started back from the beginning. little corny at times but overall a thoughtful and well written show, genuinely funny with surprisingly wholesome nuanced takes on culture issues. the girl that plays ava is also super cute :messenger_smiling_hearts:
Looked her up and apparently she is the daughter of Lorraine Newman who was one of the original cast members of Saturday Night Live.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I looked for this last night, and I assumed it was on Amazon, where we'd watched the first two series (in the UK )but I guess they must have licensed the first two series from somewhere else (presumably HBO judging from this thread).

Any idea if / when it might cross over?

I looked for this last night, and I assumed it was on Amazon, where we'd watched the first two series (in the UK )but I guess they must have licensed the first two series from somewhere else (presumably HBO judging from this thread).

Any idea if / when it might cross over?
I believe the 3rd season is starting soon. So it would only be HBO for the time being.

TheUsual

Gold Member
The wife and I finished up season 3 tonight. Overall, a pretty good show and season. Only complaint was the half-assed struggle session at Berkley that Debroah has in the last episode at Berkley due to her old joke material. It really felt like a half-assed addition to the show and I really question why they added it. I dont know, maybe some meta commentary on how people look at college students who live in bubbles. Debroah made a great point that a comedian doesn't apologize for jokes but they never really explained its because you don't cave into these assholes who only get stronger the more you bend the knee. Then she does it anyways.

Last edited:
Top Bottom