• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NG+ |OT| NeoGaf+ For posts that don't fit anywhere else

nush

Gold Member
My mums husband is having a clear out and found a sealed Covid test kit, British NHS. I've never seen one, I wasn't here in the UK so I had a look at what was inside. There was so much stuff inside, even though it was ordered just for him it looked like it was enough to test 8 people. All kinds of plastics, glossy box, colour manual, just loads of stuff in it. Product manger in me just looked and thought "How much did you spend on all of this!?"

It was out of date so I threw it in the bin. When I came back to my desk I noticed a little bit of paper had fallen out. It was a Quality Control slip written in Chinese, red stamped in Chinese....

giphy.gif

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
My mums husband is having a clear out and found a sealed Covid test kit, British NHS. I've never seen one, I wasn't here in the UK so I had a look at what was inside. There was so much stuff inside, even though it was ordered just for him it looked like it was enough to test 8 people. All kinds of plastics, glossy box, colour manual, just loads of stuff in it. Product manger in me just looked and thought "How much did you spend on all of this!?"

It was out of date so I threw it in the bin. When I came back to my desk I noticed a little bit of paper had fallen out. It was a Quality Control slip written in Chinese, red stamped in Chinese....

giphy.gif
My girlfriend's brother is a head chef in a luxury rest home up in Scotland. During the pandemic he had to take one of those covid19 swab tests daily and have a blood test every week.

One week he got a positive from the blood test for covid19 and a negative from the covid19 swab test, he didn't trust the covid19 swab test and decided to experiment by placing the swab under tap water and it came back positive.🤣

Pound It Cartoon Network GIF

nush

Gold Member
One week he got a positive from the blood test for covid19 and a negative from the covid19 swab test, he didn't trust the covid19 swab test and decided to experiment by placing the swab under tap water and it came back positive.🤣

I'd have to dig deep but there was a post from one of my Chinese friends on Wechat in China that shows two different brand Covid tests he had taken at the same time also showing opposite results.

Seeing how most of Western Entertainment is turning out I would rather spend more of my free time reading Books/Manga and watching Anime than spend time on whatever is considered entertaining when it comes to Movies/Shows especially from Hollywood. Same with most modern videogames 👀 👀

Last edited:

T8SC

Gold Member
Seeing how most of Western Entertainment is turning out I would rather spend more of my free time reading Books/Manga and watching Anime than spend time on whatever is considered entertaining when it comes to Movies/Shows especially from Hollywood. Same with most modern videogames 👀 👀

I'm more into Audiobooks these days but I do understand your point. :messenger_bicep:

Last edited:
Yeah you do need the right narrator, that's true. I've had a few dodgy ones but if it's read well, it's really good. Also nice to hear books read by the author too, like some physics/astrophysics books I've listened too.

Oh nice

But for me, the feel of a physical book is something else

I love the feeling of accomplishment I get whenever I read a physical book and the pages I turn get less and less until I'm on the last page. The only thing that equals that is building something with your hands

I do use my Samsung Tablet to read Books/Comics/Manga. But I prefer reading Books physical and Comics/Manga Digital

Last edited:

T8SC

Gold Member
Oh nice

But for me, the feel of a physical book is something else

I love the feeling of accomplishment I get whenever I read a physical book and the pages I turn get less and less until I'm on the last page. The only thing that equals that is building something with your hands

I do use my Samsung Tablet to read Books/Comics/Manga. But I prefer reading Books physical and Comics/Manga Digital

I've got a bookcase full of books with the same idea & philosophy, I always prefer physical media/books. It's just time I lack and that's where the Audiobooks come in when driving etc.

near

Gold Member
Narrators aren’t an issue for me when it comes to audiobooks, it’s paying attention. I can’t sit there undistracted listening to a book, I feel completely detracted from it. It’s not like a podcast where you can faze in and out of conversations and still be following. Bought myself a Kindle last month and I looooove it.

Top Bottom