• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Number one golfer in the world arrested trying to get to the course.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
giphy.gif

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
ESPN has more footage on home page. cant figure out how to link it. But its there showing him in cuffs.

According to the brief vid, he never said he was Scottie. But maybe he did at some point and cops didnt care anyway.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Nobody is above the law. I’m sorry he had a traumatic experience with the cops but people unfortunately have those types of interactions everyday. If there’s more to the story then he can hire a lawyer to sort it out like the rest of us little people.

Well that is not the implication. But the police had already said players would get through. Definitely a communication issue on multiple sides.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Will be interesting to know the full details. By the way it sounded by the video, Scottie zoomed around the cops, and when asked to stop he kept going a bit dragging a cop.

What isnt known is if he told the cops he's Scottie S with credentials or not. Sounds like he didnt. Not sure what he means by "cop attached himself to the car". He clung onto it as it drove away like an action movie?

Cops overreacted arresting him. Not surprised as US cops go apeshit at anything. They probably thought Scottie had an AR-15 ready to shoot up the golf course. But all Scottie had to do is stop and tell them he's who he is.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Power tripping cop nearly ruined the tournament.

At least we have some good memes out of it lol

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I just want to say: it is so strange how Tiger Woods looked 21 for like ten years, then all of the sudden began looking like a 50 year old man with cosmetic surgery.

Everyone ages, of course. But some get it rougher than others.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'm sure the majority of American police are absolutely brilliant. But the stories that make it into the media seem to be of thin skinned authoritarians on a power trip.

Imagine "attaching" yourself to a car as part of an incredibly minor misunderstanding at work and then throwing someone in jail instead of saying "ah, we've got a bit of a misunderstanding" and laughing it off.

T-0800

Nobody is above the law. I’m sorry he had a traumatic experience with the cops but people unfortunately have those types of interactions everyday. If there’s more to the story then he can hire a lawyer to sort it out like the rest of us little people.
He was given the all clear by one officer to go through and then another further down the road stopped him. A quick check with the original officer would have resolved the entire issue.

He didn't drive through with a, don't you know who I am attitude.

T-0800

Will be interesting to know the full details. By the way it sounded by the video, Scottie zoomed around the cops, and when asked to stop he kept going a bit dragging a cop.

What isnt known is if he told the cops he's Scottie S with credentials or not. Sounds like he didnt. Not sure what he means by "cop attached himself to the car". He clung onto it as it drove away like an action movie?

Cops overreacted arresting him. Not surprised as US cops go apeshit at anything. They probably thought Scottie had an AR-15 ready to shoot up the golf course. But all Scottie had to do is stop and tell them he's who he is.
The car was marked as a PGA courtesy car with his credentials displayed on the dashboard.

Biff

Random thought but spending hundreds of dollars to buy a ticket to spectate golf seems so ridiculous. You get to stand out in the hot sun all day with no shade and watch a guy smack a little white ball that you will probably be unable to see where it lands. Then you run with the dude to the next hole to try and get a spot at the front to watch him do it again.

I guess if you get a seat at the 18th hole and just hold it all day hoping you get to see some incredible putt at the end to win the tournament... Okay I guess?

But everyone else - dafuq

Ownage

It is complete.

His nickname at the station is Porkins.

He's known to like bacon and doughnuts.

When he plays Uncharted, his favorite mod is Doughnut Drake because he feels closer to the character.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

Apparently not done.

footage released, but no officer is dragged. Charges are not being dropped.
That's the video? That's all that happened?

So I was right. It's just a cop having a power trip.

Top Bottom