• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest #4 |OT| - Thunderblocks are go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome entries :D

Here is my contribution a steam lined Pod-Racer
I saw the photos before the description and thought "that's totally a pod racer". Looks totally awesome! (Even if I hate the prequels.)

Based on my love for Sci-Fi and inspired by the possible return of the Classic Space Theme (wishful thinking there) i decided to create the: "Deep Space Defender" and accompanying satellite vessels.
:O
I like that you even have cute little support ships to go with it.

The mech and spaceship thing going on in this contest is great.

mrkgoo

I saw the photos before the description and thought "that's totally a pod racer". Looks totally awesome! (Even if I hate the prequels.)

:O
I like that you even have cute little support ships to go with it.

The mech and spaceship thing going on in this contest is great.

I MAY change my entry to my insect, which I think turned out really well, but we'll see.

There's at least 3 other models I want to try with this set.

I love looking at the entries so far.

Kuntz

For my first challenge i'm going totally blind and building totally randomly without thinking with all the pieces i have.

The results are surprisingly promising.

Hello Arachnophobia-GAF! I hope you didn't plan to go to sleep anytime soon!

XsBi9Mk.jpg

Kinda cute!

MJlFep2.jpg

Oh hi there! Wanna be my valentine?

U6oOadF.jpg

The remains

holy shit this is making me wanna buy the set and contribute but i dont have the money and the contest is almost over :(

some seriusly aweoms estuff in here! good job y'all!

Got round to taking my photos.

Presenting the TW-318 GARC.

Featuring twin cockpits and dual parallel hulls for auto geometry stabilistation. Fully compatible with all modern astromech droids for pilot redundancy (droid can be seen on front port hull).

Primary comms unit is located behind the cockpits with a backup unit on the front star board hull. Inverted delta wings (D-foil) gives improved maneuverability at sub to sonic speeds.

Detachable main pod for use in case of emergency.

Underside (with SNOT);

Left overs.

I rarely participate in LEGO GAF threads, but man, you guys are awesome. Very cool stuff here.

I'll now go back to just lurking/stalking your threads.

Ugh, lego digital designer doesn't have 54003, 11153, 92411, 99781, 10247, 13971, and a bunch more pieces from the set. Is there any way for me to get these? Some of them are kinda crucial.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Entry time! Struggled for a while find an idea- found I got on better with less pieces than a lot, hence all the spares. Ended up with something very Wipeout-y.

tumblr_n0u5tdLzi01qjgfxlo5_1280.jpg

Great entries so far by everyone though!

I tried to make an anti-gravity craft like the ones in WipEout. It also takes design cues from the Star Fox Arwing.

Entry time! Struggled for a while find an idea- found I got on better with less pieces than a lot, hence all the spares. Ended up with something very Wipeout-y.

Great entries so far by everyone though!

Wipeout: Inspiring Lego designs everywhere.

Though seriously, the top one does remind me of an Arwing. (Resisting barrel roll reference.)

And it is good to see another entry traveling the globe.

Here's my entry! Man it was fun making this. I kept on making new designs in Lego designer until I found something I was satisfied with enough to convince me to actually buy the set, lol.

His (or her) canon is super powerful. I don't know what it does, though. Maybe I don't want to know.

Back:

Leftovers:

Here's my entry! Man it was fun making this. I kept on making new designs in Lego designer until I found something I was satisfied with enough to convince me to actually buy the set, lol.

His (or her) canon is super powerful. I don't know what it does, though. Maybe I don't want to know.
Looks really cool. I like the cockpit and how you incorporated the wheels into the mech.

I also like the grass as a background. It gives me visions of Lego mechs fighting squirrel-riding minifigs.

-GJ-

Oh wow. I never knew there were contests like this on GAF. I haven't used LEGO in years, but I'd love to enter the next competition! I'm subscribing to this thread.

Well, there wasn't enough stuff to make a full on dragon, so just the head will suffice.

Well, it can't really stand on its own.

So I made a stand for it to rest on.

Adjustable angles and tilt.

"Heeeeyyyyyy!"

"Wasssupppp!?"

Say, "AHHHHH!"

Down the hatch.

What was left.

Well, there wasn't enough stuff to make a full on dragon, so just the head will suffice.
Fun Fact: My first build was intended to be an Eastern dragon, but then it looked like a cobra, so I tried that. Then it looked weird so I made it a Cobrabot...

What I'm saying is: Impressive, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom