• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

20 Years LttP: Twin Peaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year (or year before, not sure) I started Twin Peaks on a whim and FINALLY getting around to watching the second season. (Mainly because it's on Netflix again).

Christ, the reveal was amazing. First half of S2 just knocks it out of the park so so so well.

I'm watching the post reveal part of S2 now and does/did anyone feel that anytime Cooper was offscreen, you just wanted it to fast forward to a scene with him again?
I appreciate the overall world building but I honestly find the Cooper arcs (with Windom) being the only thing I look forward to with every new episode.

Am I crazy?

leroidys

Last year (or year before, not sure) I started Twin Peaks on a whim and FINALLY getting around to watching the second season. (Mainly because it's on Netflix again).

Christ, the reveal was amazing. First half of S2 just knocks it out of the park so so so well.

I'm watching the post reveal part of S2 now and does/did anyone feel that anytime Cooper was offscreen, you just wanted it to fast forward to a scene with him again?
I appreciate the overall world building but I honestly find the Cooper arcs (with Windom) being the only thing I look forward to with every new episode.

Am I crazy?
Nah, that tends to be the general consensus. Even Cooper's storyline gets kind of annoying though. The show really loses steam in the 2nd half of the 2nd season.

lednerg

Am I crazy?

The ABC studio execs forced them to solve the mystery, which was just an awful, awful idea. Lynch was totally against it, of course, but it wasn't his network. Imagine if during Season 2 of Lost they explained what the island really was. ABC messed around with a formula that had been working perfectly and ended up with a ratings nosedive. There's still plenty of good parts in S2 and it's worth watching, but it's a shame to think what could've been.

Melchiah

Stumbled onto this last night on Facebook.
5PJpfuT.jpg

I think if there's one company I'd like to see do Twin Peaks, it's the guys at Telltale

But im pretty hype about these Blu-Rays

Did you see what they did to the Law & Order series? They'd have to give it to the A team for it to be remotely successful. They just have too much on their plate. Not sure there's much more to do with Twin Peaks as a game.

So I'm a day late, but I saw this on my twitter timeline. Her in universe death was 25 years ago :

fwOJSGa.jpg

RIP Laura Palmer; July 22nd 1972 - February 23rd 1989

lednerg

So I'm a day late, but I saw this on my twitter timeline. Her in universe death was 25 years ago :

[IMG http://i.imgur.com/fwOJSGa.jpg[/IMG]

RIP Laura Palmer; July 22nd 1972 - February 23rd 1989

Fuck, I would have done everything different yesterday had I known.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

http://i.imgur.com/fwOJSGa.jpg[IMG]

RIP Laura Palmer; July 22nd 1972 - February 23rd 1989[/QUOTE]
I started playing Deadly Premonition for the first time yesterday without knowing this. I'm perplexed!

thenexus6

Bump:

So I just finished watching Twin Peaks for the first time. What a sublime show! I can see why everybody loves it now. Not sure why it took me so long, guess its been on / under my radar for years. I can't really fault anything about it.. it was just so fun to watch. I can only imagine if Lynch and Frost were given the complete creative freedom they should've got but no point dwelling on stuff like that.

Man, so many babes on this show! Epic. I also realised that Lara Flynn Boyle (Donna Hayward) was the villain in MIB2, man she looks pretty awful now what a shame.

Also, I can't forgot this freaking guy!

Andy.jpg

Literally straight into my top five favourite tv characters of all time. What a hero. Shame Harry Goaz didn't act in much after TP. I would've loved a spin off just about Andy and Lucy too.

Anyway i'm off to continue my adventure in tracking down and watching Fire Walk with Me.

rvKFwxD.gif

thenexus6

Glad you liked it!

Be prepared for a very different experience with FWWM. It's much darker and more of a horror film than anything in TP.

Thats alright, I just need to see these characters some more! Its a shame re runs aren't shown on TV or anything, its the kinda show i'd just watch the odd episode again if I caught it on TV

Melchiah

Thats alright, I just need to see these characters some more! Its a shame re runs aren't shown on TV or anything, its the kinda show i'd just watch the odd episode again if I caught it on TV

Don't be surprised, like I was, that the actress for Donna is a different one. IIRC, Lara Flynn Boyle was filming something else at the time.

There's no "full cut" yet, mind. The extra scenes aren't in the film.

You can start counting down from T-minus Two Weeks from release date before someone's going to have those scenes reinserted into the movie proper and made available for download on a slapped together tumblr/torrent combo.

just got to season 2.

I can't put my finger on why I like this show. Its campy, weird, not as sci-fi as I thought, soapy with the love stories. All reasons I shouldn't like it but I do. The whole package is just engrossing. Like WTF
iC3mBFvcVd1Xk.gif

Just started watching this after years of my friends bugging me about it.

It's not bad. I'm on episode 5 right now. I think I kept watching to hear Cooper talk about coffee

Question: is this supposed to be a kind of parody? Not fully of course but this seems like a general parody of small town stories and soap operas but I'm not sure if that was lynch's intent

His Wikipedia says he worked on the space shuttle. That's awesome

It's not bad. I'm on episode 5 right now. I think I kept watching to hear Cooper talk about coffee

damn fine cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom