• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT3| #BetterThenEllenPudge

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
• Ranked matches will now show all calibrated player MMRs on the scoreboard at the end of a game that completes normally.
• Warning prompts in client and system messages from the gameserver concerning leaving a match have been improved to be more clear and specific to the current situation.
• Added an experimental method to determine when multiple players in a region are experiencing poor network connectivity. When this is detected, players in the affected matches will be notified that the match will not be scored, and it is safe to leave.
• Added a cooldown to re-enter matchmaking if you fail to load or leave a game while waiting for other players to load.
• The cooldown time to rejoin matchmaking after failing to ready up, declining, failing to load into the match, or leaving the match while waiting for others players to load will now escalate upon repeated failures.
• Added Ukrainian language text localization.
• Replays for games hosted in other regions (including China) are now faster to download

800 MB for this? Seems like an odd thing to push to test too. I guess a lot of it is likely parity with the last month of patches, but still.

Hylian7

Easily the most interesting thing about this patch though:

• Ranked matches will now show all calibrated player MMRs on the scoreboard at the end of a game that completes normally.

Whether this helps positively or negatively, we'll see. I do think it'll be nice to see what we're playing with/up against. It will also settle the whole "color theory" debate once and for all.

Quesa

Easily the most interesting thing about this patch though:

Whether this helps positively or negatively, we'll see. I do think it'll be nice to see what we're playing with/up against. It will also settle the whole "color theory" debate once and for all.

Not happy with this. Like fools who use scoreboards to dick-measure, I'm sure people will use this to justify their griefing of players who did poorly.

Hylian7

Not happy with this. Like fools who use scoreboards to dick-measure, I'm sure people will use this to justify their griefing of players who did poorly.

I'm sure they will, but honestly, what's the point of having an MMR system if you can't compare yourself to other people?

That's almost like saying they shouldn't have a scoreboard because people do what you mentioned.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I think it's just for the people that are like, sexydaddy420:"OMFG VALVE LIKE MATCHMAKING IS BROKEN EVERYONE ON MYTEEEAM IS LEGIT 2K EXCEPT ME."

Now we'll have...

*sexydaddy420 - 3300 - 1/4/3
*艾弗艾勒艾儿 - 3400 - 2/6/7
*buttlicker555 - 3600 - 3/3/3
*ellen pudge - 3100 - 0/15/2
*akonfan69 - 3800 - 2/3/1

sexydaddy420: "HOLY SHIT VALVE SRSLY MATCHMAKE ME WITH PPL LIKE ELLEN PUDGE 200 MMR LOWER THAN MEE AND FEED LOL U SRS? MATCHMAKING SO FKN BROKE."

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dota 2 |OT4| #STILLBetterThenEllenPudge

Anbokr why are you so possessed with sexy daddies?

Acinixys

I think that its dumb that the scoreboard shows K/D and XP/Gold a min

Those stats are great if youre carrying but where are the stats for supports

You might go 1/8/20 on Crystal Maiden but you warded 24/7, dewarded the whole map, bought smoke and dust and set up massive game winning kills

End scoreboard needs wards bought/placed and similar support-y stats

Quesa

You might go 1/8/20 on Crystal Maiden but you warded 24/7, dewarded the whole map, bought smoke and dust and set up massive game winning kills

Life is hard out there for omniknights.

It's missing damage dealt too which is one of the most important stats.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That Alliance set looks so bad.

It looks like the Captains Draft Tournament may be made free to spectate soon.

There is portrait info for the Shadow Fiend remake. And a lot of item sets are going to go (back) up in price.

I refuse the believe this PL set has the ratings it does on the workshop.

It's one of the highest rated PL sets...

What?

Well, without the helmet the set is actually decent enough. The helmet is just crazy though
637x358.resizedimage

Acinixys

If you want to see the Fear Free to Play Sven set he has it as his featured hero in his profile

It actually looks pretty cool and has a Kinetic Gem that adds a load-out animation

Crazy theory time: This update was to bring parity to the Test Client for next week's major update. So next week's is all new content and not 1gb of 2 month old hats.

You're all crazy that set looks cool.

It does without the helmet. The helmet is a little too much. Not "remove from game and make immortal" too much (I'd never be for that), but still.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder if Valve will just pull the helmet at the last second. They do have time, and the rest of the set would likely not raise an eyebrow from the community. I would like to see the helmet make it into the game though, I like silly stuff.

Quesa

The more distinct the sets allow a character to look the better. I want a wider variety of styles for each character, and I don't care if it's consistent with lore. If I want Chen to be holding a big ol dukie, wear a burger king crown and ride around on Clifford the big red dog, there should be a market to accommodate me dammit

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Not sure if these were in a past patch, but here are images of the free to play sets loading screens.

ftp_dendi_large.png

ftp_fear_large.png

ftp_hyhy_large.png

For Textures, uh... They changed the masks on one of the the el gato that has the silver cape.

Boken

Banned
I can't stop laughing
dota_item_anuwraths_guard_large.5751a9bd06ae40a05eff8a5cdaf7ddb99a7d96d7.png

You're all crazy that set looks cool.
yeah look at that
is that nasus
so cool
I wonder if Valve will just pull the helmet at the last second. They do have time, and the rest of the set would likely not raise an eyebrow from the community. I would like to see the helmet make it into the game though, I like silly stuff.
hey theres this little game called league of legends....

Lotto

Faceless Void Egyptian set is better than that PL one. Also, I'm beginning to lose faith in the people at Valve who pick what to put into the game. Penguin courier and Ursa Roshan set still make me cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom